The beginning of sports betting dates back to the late 19th century in England.
During that time interest in the football sector grew rapidly, and press journalists commenting on all English matches spotted their favourites. That brought up the idea of betting the money for a given player. The first legal and official point for accepting sports betting Littlewood Pools of Liverpool was founded in Liverpool in 1922 by John Moores. The society of Great Britain loved entertainment which combines passion, adrenaline and possible profit.
To this day nothing has changed. Moreover, the sports betting industry is growing year by year and brings up billions of pounds as an annual profit. According to Desert Casino Egypt, sports gambling is gaining more popularity every new season. People like to spice games up and support their favorites by betting some money. That definitely brings a totally new perspective for game watching. Below we pointed out five the most beneficial betting sports in 2020.
1) Football – forever and always number one among all the sports in the world. It is also the most practised sport on every continent and in almost every country by both professionals and amateurs. More than 70% of the whole sports betting industry income comes from football. A very characteristic feature for football is the fact that all the fans are automatically the “experts”. That makes sports gambling become a very tasty bite for recreational players, who additionally, from time to time, inflate the emotions of matches by betting the result.
2) Tennis – gambling on tennis increased a lot during the past few years due to the growth of the online betting industry, and live bets during the match. That gives tennis second place on the podium right after football. You probably wonder why tennis has become so popular for gamblers. First of all, in this sport, you bet on a single person, not a team. It makes it easier to notice which player performs better on the field and gives higher chances to win to bet, especially if you bet on players like Djokovic or Nadal. What is also pretty helpful is tennis odds constantly monitored by the experts. European sportsbooks allow people to bet on not just the overall winner of the match but also set games, and even individual points.
3) Horse racing – once the most popular among all sports disciplines. Many of our grandparents would still remember the phenomenon of betting on horses racing. In spite of all the changes in the nature of this sport over the last few decades, horse racing still makes a bit profit from gambling and it’s considered the most sophisticated of all sports. Each year horse racing brings many enthusiasts who put large sums of money on betting.
4) Basketball – when it comes to the most beneficial sports betting, NBA is definitely one of the most popular forms of sports wagering. The biggest fun for the gamblers is the live betting what the gamblers can make after the match started. In fact, live betting is increasingly becoming popular ever since it gained a large market share, and the basketball sector is definitely based on such bettings. As in many other sports disciplines, you can put your money on your favourite player, on your team or on totals – total points scored in a game.
5) Boxing – last but not least, boxing bettings gained popularity because of the fast action and big dose of adrenaline. What makes it exciting, is the fact that the round lasts approximately three minutes, and there are from 10 to 12 rounds in the game. That gives the gambler plenty of possibilities to make different bettings, such as an outright winner, round betting, method of victory or group round betting.
The Bottom Line
As can be seen, there is a big diversity among sports bettings. The key factor to make it beneficial is for you to choose a discipline you are interested in. Then you need to dig in it. Remember, the more you know about the sport, the more likely you are to make a profit from your bettings.