What is an essay? An essay is a text in which the author expounds and argues his perspective on a specific topic. Essays are commonly used in an academic setting, but many authors publish articles available to everyone nowadays. Indeed, in recent years, the popularity of this literary genre has grown greatly: in business, art, and other sciences.
Each essay, like each author, is completely individual. However, there are basic rules for essay structure that help make the text accessible and understandable to readers. If you are thinking of writing the essay, you need to know how to start your essay, what to write in the body, and how to end it. In this article, we’ll share tips that will increase your chances of getting an A +. If you have any difficulty completing this assignment, use the online essay help from experts with many years of experience.
Come Up With An Interesting Essay Topic
The correct choice of the essay topic directly proportionally affects writing a document, the search for the required literary sources for arguing ideas. When choosing an essay topic, the author is guided by three main criteria:
- Personal interest. You have the right to independently choose a topic that matches your discipline and your interests. If your independent selection of topics did not lead to the desired result, you could use the topics that the teacher advised you.
- Relevance of the topic. Modernity, the relevance of the topic, and its significance for modern society are prerequisites for creating a future essay.
- Scientific novelty. We do not recommend choosing an under-studied topic – a lack of research, literary sources will negatively affect the disclosure of essay questions. A topic that is too well known will also cause a negative assessment. Therefore, look for a middle ground – not too trivial a topic, but interesting.
Create an Essay Outline
To reach your goal, you need to have a clear plan. This formula also works when preparing an essay. After all, planning allows you to structure and organize all the information on the shelves. So what is an essay outline? A plan is a preliminary structuring of the entire essay. The student defines the main parts of the work and a list of activities necessary to achieve the predicted result. Simply put, it is a student activity program.
The plan has specific objectives:
- First, the outline allows you better to represent the problems of the topic at hand.
- Secondly, the outline simplifies the analysis of the selected literature.
- Thirdly, the plan allows you to avoid imbalances in constituent parts, gaps, or repetitions in sentences.
What does the essay outline include? The structure of the plan consists of the following parts:
- The introduction, which reveals the relevance and problems of the topic, formulates the thesis.
- The main body of at least two paragraphs.
- Conclusion, in which it is necessary to summarize all the information.
- Bibliography – provided that you have used quotations.
Write an Introduction
In the introduction, you should define what you are going to talk about. Do you want to give your opinion on the current policy of the country? Do you want to analyze your ideas about the world of the future? Many topics can be discussed and covered in the essay. It’s essential to be clear about what you want to write about and why.
With a good introduction, you can grab the reader’s attention. To make an engaging introduction, you need to start your essay with quotes, statistics, and aphorisms. If you want an effective introduction to your essay, you should consider the following tips:
- Don’t write too much an introduction – 10% of the total volume.
- Use an academic or more specialized style if the text is intended for experts.
- If you want to write essays intended for the general public, use a language that is formal and easy to read.
- If you need to use a specific term, clearly explain it using notation.
At the end of the introduction, write a thesis statement. This sentence is known as a hypothesis – it is an assumption or conjecture that needs to be proved or disproved based on arguments. It is the thesis that will determine the structure of the central part.
Write 2-5 Body Paragraphs
In this part, you need to develop your ideas, argue and defend your position (thesis), and convince the reader of the integrity of your words. Since your essay is for academic purposes, your best arguments are statistics, scientific data, bibliographic references, examples. The essay’s body should consist of at least two paragraphs – that is, two arguments in favor of the thesis. If you have more evidence to support the ideas, use them, but they should be relevant to the topic. Start each body paragraph with a topical sentence to remind the reader of the topic of the article. We also recommend not to use several arguments in one section – this can confuse the reader.
Write a Conclusion
The conclusion should be the finishing touch. In this part, you will summarize, reinforce, and validate the views expressed in the central part. Please note that this is not about repeating the same thing but about demonstrating the credibility of your words. In conclusion, you cannot add new information – the essay will look incomplete. To keep the reader in mind for a long time about your topic, you can call for action or ask a rhetorical question.
Edit Your Essay
After completing the writing process, do not rush to hand over the document to the teacher. Instead, read all sentences carefully and exclude lexical, syntactic, spelling, and grammatical errors. If you do not have the time, energy, or desire to complete this task, tell the professional authors “do my essay,” They will create an article in the shortest possible time: without plagiarism, mistakes, and with the correct structure.