To sign up for our daily email newsletter, CLICK HERE
A freestanding wine cooler is a great way to store your wine collection. These coolers come in different sizes and can be placed in any room of the house. They are easy to use and maintain and can keep your wine at the perfect temperature for drinking.
In this guide, we will cover everything you need to know about these coolers, including how they work, what types are available, how to choose the right one for your needs, and the benefits of owning one. We will also provide some tips on how to store wine in a freestanding cooler and what types of wines are best suited for storage.
How Does a Cooler Work?
A cooler works by using a compressor to cool the air inside the cooler. The compressor is located outside of the cooler, so it does not make any noise. The cooled air is then circulated through the coils inside the Freestanding Wine Coolers, chilling the wines to their ideal temperature.
Types of These Coolers
There are two main types of coolers: single-zone and dual-zone. Single-zone coolers keep all of the wines at the same temperature, which is typically between 55-58 degrees Fahrenheit. Dual zone coolers have two distinct sections that can be set to different temperatures, so you can store both red and white wines at their ideal temperatures.
How to Choose the Right Cooler for Your Needs
When choosing a cooler, there are several factors you should take into account, including capacity, size, noise level, and energy efficiency.
- It is important to choose a cooler that has enough space to store all of your wines, as well as any future acquisitions.
- You should also consider where you will be placing the cooler in your home and make sure it will fit in the desired space.
- Noise level is another important consideration; you want a cooler that runs quietly, so it does not disturb your enjoyment of your wine collection.
- Finally, energy efficiency is an important factor to consider when choosing any appliance for your home; you want a product that will save you money on your energy bills over time.
The Benefits of Owning a Cooler
There are many benefits to owning a cooler, including convenience, temperature control, and protection from UV rays. With a freestanding cooler, you can have your collection close at hand whenever you want to enjoy a glass of wine.
These coolers also allow you to store your wines at their ideal temperatures so they remain fresh and delicious for long periods of time. In addition, most freestanding coolers have tinted glass doors that protect your wines from harmful UV rays.
How To Store Wine in A Cooler
When storing wine in a cooler, it is important to follow these simple guidelines:
- Do not overcrowd the cooler.
- Leave enough space around each bottle so that air can circulate freely.
- Do not store open bottles in the cooler.
- Always store red wines on their sides.
- Store white wines upright.
- Do not store sparkling wines or Champagne in the fridge for more than two days.
- Avoid storing foods with strong odors inside the fridge, as they can affect the taste of your wines.
The Best Wines To Store In A Cooler
The type of wines you store in your freestanding cooler will depend on your personal preferences. However, there are certain types of wines that benefit from being stored in a cool environment, such as Sauvignon Blancs and Chenin Blancs (white), Pinot Noirs (red), and Champagnes (sparkling).
A freestanding wine cooler is an excellent way to store your wine collection while keeping it close at hand when you want to enjoy a glass or two.