To sign up for our daily email newsletter, CLICK HERE
In today’s digital world that we live in it is important to know some abbreviations concerning software development. What is BaaS and what is Saas? BaaS abbreviation is Blockchain-as-a-service, and Saas is Software as a service. In this article, we will discuss the deeper definition of these two for you to understand their role in technology. Here you will also find crucial information on various cryptocurrencies and interesting facts concerning them.
Understanding Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS)
BaaS is based on Saas and works in the same way. It allows customers to operate their blockchain apps and other blockchain-related functions. BaaS is boosting blockchain adoption for diverse business options.
There are several major players in BaaS:
- Microsoft, which introduced Ethereum (ETH) blockchain-as-a-service with ConsenSys on Microsoft Azure in 2015.
- Amazon, that introduces Amazon Managed Blockchain.
- R3, producing distributed ledger called Corda.
- PayStand, which is a messenger between sending and receiving payments.
The BaaS’s role is similar to web provider’s work as they create and run website content with their computers. BaaS providers can hire an extra hosting provider like Amazon Web Services.
Understanding Software-as-a-service (SaaS)
Software-as-a-service is a way of spreading applications on the Internet as a service. SaaS applications are known as:
- Web-based software.
- Hosted software.
- On-demand software.
The surveys have shown that about 80% of businesses use one SaaS application. SaaS product development requires a thorough acquisition of good ideas, great organization, and hard work.
SaaS-based graphic tools
Many years ago it was difficult to imagine that you could use that slow internet connection for any activity. But now, when the speed of the internet is not a problem anymore there are many useful tools created to help people with various professions to improve their work. Graphic designers very frequently use diverse random shape generators as their work can’t be imagined without attractive shapes.
It is difficult for graphic designers to maintain their beloved careers in the competitive world of design using only open-source tools. The leading tool for designers is Adobe, but you need some change sometimes. Besides Adobe, other tools are also SaaS-based and efficiently used by designers.
- Phoenix is one of the best ones with its history, layers, filters, and other useful Photoshop tools.
- Toucan is a color coordinator.
- Raven, Skencil are vector editors.
- Blender is a 3D creation drawing software.
- Inkscape is like Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw.
- Synfig Studio is 2D software for bringing magnificent ideas to life.
- FontForge is a font software for designing different font formats.
- Gimp is one of the famous photo-editing tools.
- Krita is one of the most powerful digital painting and illustration tools. If you want to enter the illustration world then Krita is the best choice in the open-source tool category.
So, software as a service has a crucial role, as lots of professionals, even beginners utilize various applications for their everyday work.
To sum up we should claim that:
- BaaS is different from SaaS and somehow is based on SaaS.
- SaaS plays a vital role in today’s software development.
- SaaS tools make today’s work in various spheres easier.