To sign up for our daily email newsletter, CLICK HERE
Watching sports is a hugely popular activity in Canada. Around a third of people watch some form of live sport each day. Many of these people use traditional live streaming services to do so.
However, there is another option that may not immediately come to mind when it comes to watching live sporting action. You may be aware that sportsbooks like ComeOn Canada give you the chance to bet on live sporting events but did you know that many sportsbooks also live stream sports?
The growth of sports live streaming on sportsbooks
In some cases, sportsbooks give you access to favorite Canadian sporting events while they are happening. You can watch the action and place a bet at the same time.
It’s worth mentioning that many sportsbooks favor European football and other sports favoured by the European market, such as horse racing. However, this is not always the case.
Sportsbooks tend to choose content that helps to drive activity at traditionally less popular times of the day and week. So, you may find that you can access content such as more niche tennis tournaments. This is good news if you are a big fan of sports and events that may receive less mainstream coverage.
The pros and cons of live streaming sports in this way
There are several advantages and disadvantages of streaming live sports on a sportsbook.
● Live streaming in this way is less costly than even the least expensive live streaming services which cost around $20 per month.
● You get access to some sports and events that may not receive mainstream coverage.
● Betting on live sports action is often easier when you use a sportsbook to watch the content and place bets. This is because you get easy access to betting options while you are watching.
● Sportsbooks are selective about which events they live stream. This means that you may not get much access to the sports that you love if you enjoy mainstream sports like NHL. However, if you enjoy European sporting content, you are likely to enjoy this streaming option.
● You may not get the same all-round experience as you would using a specialized streaming option. Although, many sportsbooks are working with partners to provide additional content, to give customers a better overall experience.
● The quality and variety of live streaming vary from one sportsbook to the next. This means that you may have to do some research, and try different options, before you find a sportsbook that provides you with a variety of content that suits your needs.
Using a sportsbook can be a good way of watching live streams of sports, especially if you want to place a bet on the sports at the same time.
However, you need to check that the sportsbook covers sports that you are interested in. You may also find that you do not get as much commentary, or as many other extras, as you do when using specialist streaming companies.