“Zenimation,” which pays tribute to both the visual and sound artists who have created Walt Disney Animation Studios’ legacy of films, is now available on streamer Disney+ as a self-described “animated soundscape experience.” The logline: Whether it’s baby Moana being called by the ocean, Anna and Kristoff walking through an icy forest, or Baymax and Hiro Hamada flying over San Fransokyo, these iconic scenes become an aural experience like no other with the sounds of ocean waves, an icy forest and soaring flight.
“Zenimation” is created and edited by David Bess. All 10 episodes are now available for streaming, with the episode rundown as follows:
The show doesn’t spotlight any dialogue, but instead focuses on the sounds of the world and moving through it, all while exploring the vast worlds Disney has built over the years with some of your favorite characters. You can find the episode rundown below.
- Water: Explore the sea with Moana, Ariel, and Elsa.
- Cityscapes: Visit New Orleans, Mt. Olympus, San Fransokyo, and Atlantis.
- Discovery: Discover the world around you with Elsa, Tarzan, and Rapunzel.
- Flight: Fly with Aladdin and Jasmine, Baymax and Hiro, and Cody and Marahute.
- Explore: Explore new places with Judy Hoops, baby Moana and Aurora.
- Night: Gaze at the night sky with Tiana, Rapunzel, and Jim Hawkins.
- Nature: Take in the beauty of nature with Simba, Pocahontas, and Tarzan.
- Serenity: Have a moment of calm with Belle, Mulan, and Gramma Tala.
- Water Realms: Surf with Lilo, cross the Dark Sea with Elsa, and restore the heart of Te Fiti with Moana.
- Levity: Have a laugh with Flash the Sloth, Stitch, and Baymax.