MetaMask is a crypto wallet in the Ethereum blockchain that allows its users to access their Ethereum wallet through an app or a browser extension. This allows users to interact with decentralized applications (DApps). Binance is a cryptocurrency exchange that owns BNB (Binance Coin) and BSC (Binance Smart Chain). BSC works on smart contracts, pieces of code that automatically execute themselves when preset conditions are met. The platform mimics the functionality of Ethereum.
Now the question is how to add Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask for easy management of your digital transactions. Read on to uncover the installing, setting up, configuring, and transacting of Binance Smart Chain through MetaMask.
MetaMask: Installing and Setting up
You can download MetaMask on Firefox and Chrome for the desktop version or on Android or iOS for the mobile version. The installation and setting up instructions for MetaMask are the same on all the platforms. For understanding, we will discuss the Firefox version in this guide on how to ad Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask.
- Open the MetaMask download page.
- Click on the download button.
- Choose the platform.
- Create a Wallet
- You will be given a backup seed phase. Note it down non-digitally because you may have to use it to recover your funds if you lose or damage your device.
- On the next page, confirm the same.
As simple as that!
How to Configure The Wallet?
The key step of how to add Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask is to configure the Ethereum-based wallet to BNB. MetaMask is still a platform that collaborates with the Ethereum wallet. At your worst, you may lose your funds to unusable addresses. At your best, your Binance Smart Chain may not be compatible or simply may not work.
To configure your Wallet to suit your needs you must change the settings towards Binance Smart Chain nodes. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to the drop-down menu and select settings.
- Click on the Networks menu from the settings page.
- On the top right corner, click on Add Network to add Binance Smart Chain.
Now here you will have two networks to choose from:
Here’s what you need to fill in for each of these networks:
- Network Name: Smart Chain
- Block Explorer URL from BscScan
- Chain ID: 56
- Symbol: BNB
- Choose New RPC URL from Data-seed Binance
- Network Name: Smart Chain – Testnet
- Choose Block Explorer URL from BscScan Testnet
- Symbol: BNB
- Chain ID: 97
- Select New RPC URL from Data-seed Binance
Now, which of these should you add to your network? We’d say both of them. You may want to use Mainnet but here we will discuss Testnet.
- Once you add the network and save it, return to the main menu.
- It would have changed now. Your network has automatically connected to the one you chose.
- The units are now BNB and not ETH.
How to Make Transactions on Testnet?
Once you have a Wallet set up and a chosen network, you are ready for transactions with your funds. Here we will discuss how to add Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask on Testnet.
- Copy your Address to your clipboard.
- Go to the BNB Smart Chain Faucet.
- Paste the copied address onto the form.
- Tap the Give Me BNB dropdown menu.
- Select the figure you want to receive.
- The funds will appear in your Wallet within minutes.
Now your wallet has transactional funds. Let’s perform a sample transaction with it to demonstrate how it works.
- Choose an address to donate these funds from Testnet.
- Ignore the ETH parts and adjust the amount if you want.
- Hit Next, review the transaction, and Confirm.
- Once your transaction settles you will receive a notification confirming the same.
Takeaway on How to Add Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask Guide
MetaMask is the passport to several Ethereum applications. Anyone can configure it to be compatible with Binance Smart Chain with minimal effort. MetaMask has been developed with the goal of making decentralized applications (dApps) interactive for everyone. Follow the simplified steps in the steps on our “how to add Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask” guide for a seamless crypto transaction experience.
- How do I add a Binance Smart Chain to the MetaMask app?
Binance Smart Chain can be added to the MetaMask app in three simple steps:
- Open your new wallet.
- Click on the Ethereum Mainnet option at the top right corner.
- Select the chain’s name and add it to the network.
- Is BEP20 the same as BSC?
BEP20 is a token standard that is used to create tokens on BSC. The BSC works in collaboration or in parallel with Binance Chain.
- Can MetaMask receive Binance Smart Chain?
Binance Smart Chain is primarily used to collaborate with Ethereum but if you need you can connect it with MetaMask. This will help you to make BNB transactions through the app.
- Are BNB and BSC the same?
BNB is the rebranded name of BSC. The platform helps developers to create decentralized applications (DApps) to help users manage their digital assets across blockchains. The platforms ensure the management is low latency and high capacity.
- Should I use BEP2 or BEP20?
BEP20 is a token standard that can tailor only to the foundations of Ethereum ERC20. On the other hand, BEP2 can be used on other blockchain networks.