As people are more and more involved in beauty, Beautyforever colored wigs have also become more and more popular. All women who follow a unique personality and want to change their style should consider wearing colored wigs to create a unique self.
To keep your wig in good condition and have a long service life, today we will give you some tips on how to care for and wash your colored hair.
How to care for colored hair?
Take care of your curly, straight and wavy wigs. Use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner on your human hair wigs, especially after coloring them. Here are some secret tips that you need to do if you want to know how to highlight a wig for color treated curls.
- Moisturize your wigs
Avoid dryness after coloring by moisturizing your wigs.
- Deep Condition
Colored lace front wigs should be deeply conditioned on wash days to maintain color and moisture so your human hair wigs look beautiful.
- Carefully lift
Be gentle when handling your wigs as they are delicate after dyeing.
- Additional tips
If you can’t find colored human hair wigs, dye them at home. There are two ways to color your human hair: the watercolor method and the brushing method.
To dye your hair the watercolor way, fill a container with warm water, add your wig, and add the color of your choice. Put on gloves and style your wig to absorb the dye, then take it out and wash it. If you are not happy with the color, repeat the process.
For the brushing method, mix the color you want with the hair developer in a container and follow the directions on the pamphlet or box. Brushing is similar to coloring your natural hair. Let hair sit for 30 minutes or as directed and rinse thoroughly as you apply to your hair.
Frequency of washing colored hair
Washing colored hair before wearing it is a matter of personal preference. The specific situation varies from person to person, and some women feel more comfortable wearing freshly washed hair. Or you can wash colored hair quickly.
Because colored human hair wigs are easier to dry than natural black wigs, please wash them as little as possible.
Under normal circumstances, most women choose to wash their hair once a week or two. Also note that if the hair starts to feel sticky or dry or loses its original shape, wash the colored hair.
It should be noted that washing wigs will limit their service life, so do not over wash your hair. You can wear a wig cap and remove colored hair before bed, which can help reduce the frequency of shampooing and conditioning your hair.
How to wash colored hair?
- Gently comb colored hair with a wide-toothed comb or fingers. It is recommended to start at the ends of the human hair and gradually work upwards so that the comb is smooth and reduces hair knots and damage.
- It is recommended to choose washer soft water for washing. Soak the wig in water for about 15 minutes. After the colored hair is completely soaked, use a mild shampoo or special shampoo to gently wash the colored hair, and then rinse.
- Use a towel to gently pat colored hair to remove some moisture, and apply a conditioner suitable for colored hair. Gently comb the hair tresses with your fingers, and don’t let the conditioner touch the roots of the colored hair. After about one to five minutes, rinse the conditioner off with water.
- After washing, wrap the colored hair with a wash towel to absorb some moisture and then place the colored hair on a shelf to air dry. If you wear it in a hurry, you can dry the color at a temperature that is not too high.
A few care tips for colored hair
- When not wearing, you can apply some suitable human hair care essential oil to the colored hair, and then place it on the wig rack or model head. This helps in maintaining the shape of the wig and prevents tangling.
- Since colored human hair is not as flexible as natural black human hair, please do not comb colored hair when it is damp.
- Remember to use a wide-toothed comb to comb colored hair in daily life, which can reduce knots in colored hair and keep it smooth.
- Wear a hair cap when bathing or sleeping. Wearing colored hair while bathing or sleeping will reduce the durability of colored hair. Wearing a hair cap can go a long way in protecting colored hair.
- Take care of colored hair regularly. Regular maintenance can take good care of colored hair, make colored hair shiny, and also extend the service life. Note that each type of colored hair has its own suitable conditioner. Don’t use the wrong product to protect your hair and cause permanent damage to colored hair.
- Avoid direct sunlight, hot water, salt water and chlorine to prevent damage to colored hair and affect the health of the hair color.
Beautyforever is an innovative supplier of premium yet affordable colored wigs & u part wig. We make sure to bring you styles you’ll love at prices you’ll love. To shop all of our colored wigs or u part wig, click over to beautyforever.com.