To sign up for our daily email newsletter, CLICK HERE
Since the outbreak of COVID – 19, all Western countries in specific and another world in general, have posed certain restrictions of traveling to them. Some had completely ceased accepting travelers from selected countries while others had put additional documentation and actions compulsory before arrival. The government of Spain has also introduced the Health Control Form amidst the Corona pandemic. All visitors are required to fill the form within 48 hours of their planned arrival at any Spanish airport. In some countries, this form is commonly called the Passenger Locator Form.
Is Health Form Needed at the Moment?
Yes, it is a necessary document for entering Spain at the moment. Visitors from EU countries are required to provide the EU Digital COVID Certificate at their entry into Spain and third country members will be asked to produce the vaccination certificate or a COVID negative certificate approved by a recognized authority. Children under the age of 12 are not required to show these certificates at arrival, however, they must fulfill the remaining prerequisites.
Why is This Form Necessary?
COVID – 19 has become one of the biggest challenges of the 21st century. It has not only affected the health systems of the world but also has impacted negatively upon the world economy. Controlling the wide and unchecked spread of the pandemic was the prime challenge for all the countries equally. To ensure the health safety of nations, travel restrictions and limitations were imposed, including the compulsion of having a Spain Health Control Form while traveling to other countries and Spain as well. As Spain is one of the most attractive travel destinations during the summers, the number of travelers is also huge. Each traveler himself remained a potent threat for bringing a virus in the country, to control which stern documentation was made A MUST for every visitor to ensure health safety of her citizens. This document is a guarantee for control of the infectious disease (CORONA Virus), ensured by the declaration by each traveling to Spain.
Is This a Permanent Measure?
So far, filling the Health Control Form before traveling to Spain is a permanent measure and applicable to all visitors. However, countries with low COVID – 19 spread need little documentation as compared to those countries where the pandemic has spread wide over. The year 2020 had seen more and strict regulations for entry into Spain, but with the passage of time and imposition of laws and regulations regarding the CORONA virus, gradually the hard measures are likely to recede in the future, though no official statement has yet been made by the Spanish Health Ministry.
How Long Does the Spanish Health Control Form Take to Fill-in?
The Spanish Health Form is a simple and user-friendly form that you can fill online from your comfort zone by using a mobile, tablet, or a PC. You will just take a few minutes to fill it and submit it for final approval as it only requires a few details. The most important thing to remember is that you must have your debit or credit card available for making the payment after you fill in the form. There will be different options available as per the urgency of the visitor, which must be catered for.
What Will Happen if I Do Not Fill it out?
Irrespective of your nationality, if you fail to fill out the Health Control Form and plan to take off from your home country, you might not be permitted to travel or even board the plane. In any case, you must fill out the form and get a QR code for your journey.
What all Information is to be Shared?
Visitors will be required to following details while filling the Health Control Form, with surety of safety of the information being shared: –
- Valid passport number and your National Identity Card number/picture.
- Travel locations and intended plan of stay in Spain.
- Arrival dates, flight details, and seat numbers as well.
- Valid email address to share necessary updates and the QR Code of Health Control Form at its approval.
- COVID test certificates, vaccination certificates, and COVID negative results from a recognized authority.
- EU citizens will be required to upload Digital EU COVID Certificate on the SpTH (Spain Travel Health) application which is available both on Android and Apple Stores for free.
- In case you do not have the Digital COVID Certificate (as EU Citizen), you can simply enter the details and supporting documents in section 4 of the Health Questionnaire.
Where to Present the QR Code?
At the Spanish airports, separate counters have been established where you can present your Health Control Form QR Codes for making a safe entry. You can have a printed paper or you can get the QR scanned directly from your electronic device. Spanish health authorities reserve the right to conduct tests of any persons arriving at the airport despite having the QR Code or other necessary documents.
Additional Information on Health Control Form & QR Code
- You can always retrieve the QR Code even if lost by clicking the RETRIEVE QR CODE option on the form in the SpTH application or the home page.
- QR Code will automatically expire after 7 days of approval if not used.
- Filling in the seat number is mandatory, so you are advised to check-in in advance to ensure completion of the form.
- You can always edit and amend the data provided in the form.
- Group or a family member can fill in the data of all members and get separate QR codes for everyone.
- In the Health Control Form, you can always fill in data and details for minors and dependents by declaring yourself as the guardian in the desired column.
- HCF / Health declaration shall not be considered a replacement of the visa.
- You must fill in the form even if you have to transit at any of the Spanish airports for your next destination.
- Spanish authorities may quarantine you at the airport if desired.