To sign up for our daily email newsletter, CLICK HERE
Digital marketing is also known as online marketing. Businesses or brands try to connect and attract customers using the internet, including other digital communication forms. It involves using emails, websites, search engines, and other media that use the internet and online digital technologies to promote products and services.
Among the most popular types of digital marketing are the Pay-Per-Click (PPC) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO). These two practices have been helping numerous companies in driving traffic to their websites.
PPC vs. SEO in Digital Marketing
PPC and SEO are new types of marketing that take promotion and advertisement to a new level. Due to their efficiency, many business owners ensure to extend their promotions online.
However, the internet is a wide channel. You can assume the level of competition that you might encounter as you prepare for your digital marketing. In cases like this, you can seek help from experts in digital advertising to help you. Note that your advertising method will depend on your target customers and brand.
The location of the business also matters because it allows you to reach your desired consumers based on the qualifiers using data of the area like proximity to the store. For example, if you are from Newcastle, it will help if you seek the best digital agency newcastle can offer. They understand the location and the culture best so that they can effectively provide you with digital marketing solutions.
PPC, on the other hand, is a good way to increase your visibility in a short time. Also, driving traffic to your site via PPC would be really effective too. However, before you head on and decide what marketing you want to apply to your business, it would be best to learn more about the two best types of digital marketing, PPC and SEO.
What is Pay-Per-Click (PPC)?
PPC ads are best explained as paid advertisements. The best example is the ads you see on a search engine results page. It is the type of ad people will see regardless of scrolling past them.
PPC is also a method of advertising on search engines where you will pay for every user that clicks on your ad. You usually place bids on a keyword or keyword groups to secure an ad space to have your campaign in related sponsored results.
- Reach Target Audience. Another best thing about PPC is that you can easily reach your target audience. You can target specific demographics based on their interests and search results.
- Visibility. What’s excellent with PPC is that you have absolute visibility. Your ads will appear on top of the search results, which everyone who searches for related topics will see.
- Measurable. PPC allows you to determine your return on investment (ROI). In Google Ads, they provide its clients with Google Analytics, where they can see the performance of their ad, including impressions, clicks, and conversions.
- It can Be Costly Overtime. Since you will pay every time someone clicks your ads, it is natural that it can get costly in the long run. You might also end up spending so much without improving your ROI yet. So, always ensure that you are monitoring your performance.
- Requires Skill. PPC provides you with the most convenient space, but you must also ensure that you can make them interested. This can be complicated, and doing this wrong might only waste your money.
- More Click Doesn’t Mean More Sales. The goal of PPC is to attract customers. So, the ads will drive visitors to your website. However, this doesn’t mean that they will automatically buy your product. This means you will need to convince your visitors further to purchase what you offer.
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the method of driving traffic to your website via organic, editorial, and natural search results. Unlike PPC, SEO is free if you can write the content yourself. What SEO does is that algorithms will analyze pages in the index. It ranks websites relevant to the search made and the quality of backlinks.
The index is like the library, and the algorithm is the librarian who will provide the student with the book that they’ll need. This is done so that the search engine can provide the best results to the user. So, if you aim for SEO as digital marketing, you must ensure that your website has the best rankings in the search results. Thus, your content must be of the best quality.
- Cost-effective. SEO is one of the most cost-effective types of digital marketing to improve your online presence and make your target audiences stay on your website. It is also less costly than other strategies, and you will most likely only need to pay upfront for the content written for you.
- Raise Brand Awareness. With consistency, your rankings in search results will eventually rank higher. Ensuring that you are presenting quality content and relevant to a topic, people will discover your website on search engines.
- Available Agencies. It can be undoubtedly hard to produce quality content. That is why you will need talented writers for that. If you find yourself having the same problem, there are content agencies and digital marketing companies that can do all the work for you. They can write in your stead and seamlessly work into your brand voice.
- Fierce Competition. If you search for something on search engines like google, you will notice that it has listed links to results related to your concern. Those links are your competition. Since you are not the only business owner aiming to have better rankings, better SEO strategies are necessary.
- Requires Skills. As mentioned, you will need better strategies if you aim for higher ranks. SEO skills will help you in formulating better content to make your website more visible
- Takes Time to Drive Traffic. Unlike PPC, SEO takes serious dedication and patience. It could take a long time for your SEO content to generate fruitful results. The best thing that you can do is to provide compelling content to continue boosting your website consistently.
Ultimately, what works best for you depends on what type of industry you work for and how much you can provide to continue with that method. Nonetheless, an effective marketing plan requires thorough planning. Thus, before you decide on anything, it would help if you prepare your digital campaign by taking time to consider if PPC or SEO would work best for you.