As the world embraces technology, more and more traditional methods and practices will eventually give way to tech enabled methods that are digitally advanced with high levels of efficiency and cost effectiveness. Certainly there are best remote training tools available in the market. The world of training too has undergone changes and adapting the new methodologies. In an ideal scenario, a training session would have been face to face where the trainer would have a sense of his audiences and adjust the contents accordingly. Even the trainees were comfortable asking their queries and getting those doubts cleared. The personal bond developed between a trainer and his trainees would make things easier to discuss, reinforce and execute best practices.
But things have changed with time. Companies want more cost effective measures. They aren’t ready to take the hassle of transporting employees to a single location and lose out on productivity time. New digital ways of conducting training have cut down on company’s expenses to a large extent and that has been the brownie point. Today remote training has taken the centre stage and has become hugely popular among organizations.
What is Remote Training?
This new age training method comprises technology enabled tools such as webinar, e-learning, podcasts, video chats, live training streamed online etc. So with this new digital form of training, a trainer can take sessions irrespective of his location and employees / trainees no longer have to be present in the training room. For organizations this turns out to be highly beneficial as they save huge on traveling, lodging, refreshments etc. Remote training just needs high speed internet and few interfaces for seamless streaming of the training sessions. It saves time and is flexible in nature.
How does Remote Training Work?
With the growing popularity of remote working and some encouragement from employers the future of training will change for the better. Complex on-site and in-person training can easily be substituted by remote training, and we should all have a thorough idea of how it works.
1. Connecting with your audiences
Even though the audiences are located in far off locations, getting to know them and their background is important for any training session. Like any sessions, the introduction of the trainer and trainee is the best ice breakers. Before the session is scheduled, many organizations create a blogging platform for trainers and employees to interact. For trainers it turns out to be a helpful exercise while taking up the session later on.
2. Using technologies for remote training
As a trainer, one should be well aware of the latest tools and technologies that come handy for remote training. Knowing the features and functionality of the software is also pertinent. Keeping a proper pace of the presentation, allowing a break in between and then taking questions from the audiences should be well managed within time. Proper time management is needed as time slots are booked online for streaming live.
The trainer should rehearse beforehand in order to get acquainted with the software and avoid any glitch that might appear during the sessions. The trainees should also use the proper software and equipment in order to make the session successful. Trainer should send out a communication and make sure his participants are equipped with the right tools.
3. Create engaging content
Content is very important for any kind of training session. And this holds true for remote training sessions also. Engaging slides of PowerPoint should be designed without any ambiguity. Illustrations, charts, graphs, quizzes should be a part of the presentation, so that it attracts the participants’ attention.
4. Using best practice
As trainer and participants aren’t in the same room, some guidelines should be drawn well before the session and making the trainees aware on the progress of the presentation. Q&A session can be conducted online to check participant’s ability to grasp the training topic.
Merits of Remote Training
Remote training has a lot of benefits up in its sleeves and that’s why it is in high demand among enterprises. Apart from being flexible, remote training offers the following aspects :
• Highly affordable, easy and convenient to use by both trainer and participants.
• With less hassle, remote training sessions get more participation and less absenteeism among the trainees.
• Remote training facilitates a high degree of knowledge retention.
• Employee productivity is boosted as time and energy is saved on travelling to other locations for attending a training session.
• It is convenient to hold sessions for people from multiple locations.
• Remote training allows the drip-feed content and thereby increases efficiency.
• From remote training methodology, it is possible for the trainer to collect immediate feedback of the session conducted.
• Success of the training session is measurable.
Challenges of Remote Training
While remote training is considered to be technologically advantageous, it has some downside too.
• Many considers this new method to be completely impersonal and hence do not prefer.
• It depends a lot on internet speed, bandwidth and a professional environment, which at times become difficult and inconsistent.
• Both trainer and trainee have to spend some additional time in order to master the features and functionality of the remote training tools.
• Due to technical error there could be communication gap. Also at times it’s not easy to draw some illustrations spontaneously to explain stuffs unless you have a perfect tool for your assistance.
Top Remote Training Tools of 2020
While remote training might sound all exciting and trendy, getting a hang of the software expertise in this form of digital training needs some bit of research. These software shouldn’t be too heavy on users else they would lose interest in it. Simple and easy to operate software has much more takers that those complex and ambiguous tools. Some of the top tools of 2020 is as follows:
Organizations can opt for the best online remote training tools by doing a comparative analysis with several features on offer. The best part of this kind of training is that the employees can attend these training sessions without having travel out of their workplace or home. Depending on company’s preferences and needs, one can avail the best training tools available online.