To sign up for our daily email newsletter, CLICK HERE
Dr. Mohamed Aswad said there are many elements that play a significant part in determining whether you will be admitted into medical school. Let’s begin to dispel them each one at a time
Before you begin applying, ensure that you’ve completed all of the prerequisite courses that are required for the program you’re enrolled in. When you were in your pre-meds or at high school. Medical schools are very strict with regards to the pre-requisite courses for the various studies/specializations.
Premed/undergrad High school/high score requirements for high schools
Certain medical schools are very specific in what they’re looking for in applicants. Consequently, they have certain prerequisites for students prior to when they even get to apply. The various requirements for scores for different academic levels and in different disciplines. Dr. Mohamed Aswad says It is essential to read the conditions of the school and the program you’re applying to prior to making any plans.
Just the scores on the MCAT won’t ensure your acceptance into a med school. However, it will play a significant role in making sure you’re capable of getting into or out of a specific institution. Different medical schools have different thresholds. Your MCAT scores are the primary element that makes you eligible to dabs, if not more and you shouldn’t be a fool, at any time.
After you have received your MCAT scores. Your essays are the ones that will be the most effective. In your essay should you should talk your heart out and don’t be afraid to boast. Be sure, however, that you don’t sound too confident. In other words, compose an essay that is appealing to the institution, explaining why you decided to go with the program you picked and how it will assist you in the future. You should also state why it’s the right program for your needs!
LORs (Letters of recommendation)
After your essay, your letters of recommendation are what do an important job. What you say about yourself is important, as well as the source it comes from. Therefore, ensure that you collect LORs from influential people. However, but also from those who are able to really hype about you and make you appear like the perfect candidate for medical school. In certain situations, LORs sometimes do in fact come from family members with nothing but praise for their loved ones.
Lastly, you’re extracurricular. Be sure to ensure that the extracurricular you have chosen are pertinent to the course you’re applying to. Also, define what you are about through the various extracurricular activities you take part in.
Documents Required for MBBS in USA
- The transcripts of academic studies from the past
- The evaluation of foreign transcripts is conducted by an agency that is accredited
- Test scores that are relevant (as required from the institution)
- English Proficiency Test Certificate
- Valid passport copy
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of the purpose
- Background checks for criminal convictions of the applicant
- Student visa
- Sized passport copies of photos
MBBS in USA Cost
The USA is regarded as a pricey nation for students from other countries. There are a variety of costs incurred when pursuing MBBS in USA universities:
According to Dr. Mohamed Aswad students from other countries must bear the cost of these expenses prior to arriving in the country to begin taking medical courses.
- AMCAS Fees: $170
- Student Visa Fees: $160
- MCAT Fees: $315
- NEET Fees: $20
- IELTS / TOEFL Fees: $180 – $250
Tuition Fees for MBBS in the USA
The fees for MBBS in the USA comprise two elements that are the cost of earning a BS degree and the tuition fees for an MD program. The average tuition costs for both are listed below:
- BS in medicine-related fields: USD $20,000 to $50,000 (15 to 38 Lacs) annually.
- MD Program: USD $18,442 to $64,984 (INR 14 Lacs to 49 Lacs) per year.
Why Study MBBS in the USA?
Dr. Mohamed Aswad explains that one advantage of obtaining a degree such as MBBS at USA institutions is that students do not have to sit for the FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Exam) to be able to practice.
Employment growth for doctors and surgeons throughout the USA is anticipated to be 7 percent between 2018 and 2028. This is more than the national average of 5% across all professions.
- Of the different categories of doctors in practice the largest number of jobs in the USA is likely to be filled by psychiatrists, followed by general and family practitioners until 2028.
- The median annual salary of surgeons and doctors is the highest of all other occupations in the USA that is. 223,000 USD.
- The cost of studying medicine in the USA
- In the USA, the annual tuition charges and health insurance for medical schools of the public are around $37,500 for residents of the state, and for non-residents, it’s about $62,000. The tuition fees for private schools range from $60,500 to $62,000 for residents and $62,000 for non-residents. It is important to note that these figures might not include living or housing costs.
- International students who want to apply for permission must be prepared to pay the entire cost of their medical schooling since there are no scholarships to be found. For federal student aid, only US citizens and residents of permanent residence are eligible. This could comprise Direct PLUS loans as well as Direct Unsubsidized loans.
- In most cases, international students are required to obtain loans from private or institutional sources that medical schools provide. In certain instances, medical schools require applicants to demonstrate that they have the funds to cover the entire four-year duration of medical school or they may require the applicants to have the entire funds in an escrow fund. Students from abroad must discuss with the admissions department along with the financial aid office of the medical school they’re interested in attending. This will allow students to determine what financial options are available to students.