To sign up for our daily email newsletter, CLICK HERE
Selling a house is a very important and often complex operation. It is essential not to make mistakes and to follow precise steps in order to make the sale fast and simple.
Skymarketing is a site that was created to provide detailed and simple information at the same time to all those who want to buy a house, sell a house or rent it, solving many doubts related to the house and due to a very complex and tangled legislation and bureaucracy. You can also get helpful tips for inside or outside your home at Guides4homeowners.
Precisely for this reason we have decided to create a guide that will help you:
Instructions for reading the guide
This guide is structured in 3 fundamental PARTS for selling a house; each part involves steps to be taken to sell the house peacefully, quickly and well.
Remember that even if you decide to rely on a real estate agency you must have very clear ideas about the sale of your thing and consider some aspects that you absolutely must not lose sight of.
PART 1 – IMPORTANT ASSESSMENTS TO DO NOW
Some valuations are not at all to be neglected when you decide to sell a house.
These are choices that must be made from the beginning, to ensure that you have weighed in the most thoughtful way possible what is entailed by one and the other option.
Step # 1 – Decide whether to sell the house privately or through an agency
The first important evaluation when you want to sell a house is the one to do initially.
The initial choice is really essential, because you can turn to two types of sales that in many ways are really different.
They both have pros and cons. You can choose whether to sell the house privately or to sell it through an agency and capital smart city islamabad offers you both of these methods.
In the first case, you decide to operate independently, looking for possible customers on your own to sell your home.
In the second case, you contact a real estate agency.
If you want to sell a house privately, keep in mind the following elements to operate at best:
- post ads on the internet or in specialized real estate magazines;
- place ads on sites to sell home, or sites to search and sell homeon which you can also place your ad to sell home to foreigners. Selling a house online can be very convenient, such as selling a house to the Chinese or selling a house to the Russians, which are some of the fundamental points of the real estate market in the case of selling houses internationally. Keep in mind that there are also free sites to sell houses to foreigners;
- put ads on the sites also to sell a house in Italy.
However, there are also advantages and disadvantages to consider:
- the main advantage represented by selling a house as a private personconsists in the fact that you can save on commission costs, which if you turn to a real estate agency, the latter retains it to your advantage;
- the fact of saving on commission costs also determines another advantage: you can sell the house more easily, because you have the possibility, saving money, of making a discount on the final price;
- but there are also some cons of selling a home alone. In fact, it is not all as easy as it seems, because you have to manage the visits of potential buyers in the best possible way, especially when the latter are not really interested and only waste precious time;
- another disadvantage consists in the fact that you have to calculate the price correctly and you have to manage the preliminary and deposit in the best possible way;
- any price negotiations must also be managed independently. It is not easy for everyone to find their way around a sector that often turns out to be complicated.
If you want to sell a house through an agency, keep in mind the following factors:
- the real estate agency can give you advice to sell a houseor to sell and buy a house at the same time. It may also be useful to contact a real estate agency to sell a house abroad.
But what are the advantages and disadvantages of using a real estate agency?
If you want to know how to sell a house through a real estate agency, also consider the pros and cons:
- by resorting to an agency you can have trained and specialized staff available to evaluate the property and recommend a sale price;
- the staff of the agency also manages the visits and tries to skim the customers to then arrive at the deed at the notary;
- it is very advantageous to have someone available to help us in the buying and selling process, especially in the most complicated situations, such as when you need to purchase your first home without selling a previous property;
- the agency also deals with advertising to spread the ads;
- However, consider that in general the real estate agency is assigned the exclusive sale, therefore, as long as this is in force, you cannot use other tools to sell the house. Even when you manage to find the buyer yourself, if you have granted the real estate agency the exclusive right, you should still pay the commission;
- costs in general however tend to be higher with the agency;
- you have to trust the honesty of the real estate agent. In this regard it is good to remember to be very careful in every situation. The risk is to meet real estate agents who offer prices that are to their advantage and that of the buyers.
Step # 2 – Decide whether to sell a renovated or refurbished home
Many wonder if it is better to renovate before selling, so another important point of the decisions to be made even initially when it comes to selling a house is to choose whether to sell a renovated house or to be renovated.
In fact, we can say that in general it would be better to restructure before selling, in order to derive advantages:
- selling a renovated house means finding possible buyers faster and easier;
- selling a house that has already been renovated allows you to avoid lowering the priceof the property, considering that a property that has not been renovated is difficult to sell at a high price;
- the renovated properties offer greater satisfaction with regard to negotiations. Never forget that especially in times of real estate crisis, when supply is greater than demand, you should go out of your way to try to hit the potential buyer. If the latter sees the excellent condition of the renovated apartment, he can more easily decide to buy it.
But what do you need to consider, if you decide to renovate your home before selling it? There are several factors to take into account:
- the location and neighborhood in which the property is located;
- the ruined floors;
- kitchens not of the latest generation;
- rooms that are too small;
- uncomfortable toilets;
- any mold and unpleasant colors on the walls;
- dark furnishings, not modern and not very colorful;
- spaces that are too full;
- not very personalized spaces of the house.
As for the advice to renovate your home, and then sell it more easily and at higher prices, some solutions could be important because they allow you to not spend too much.
- To renovate the bathroom, you can also change only the old bathroom fixtures or you can replace the tub with the shower;
- bathroom or kitchen tiles can be painted with water-resistant paints;
- the doors of the kitchen furniture can be painted with more modern and lively colors, to attract attention;
- the walls can be painted in order to create a more comfortable interior environment;
- to eliminate internal spaces that are too small, non-load-bearing walls can be knocked down, creating open space solutions.
Step # 3 – Evaluate your property and set the price
It is very important to correctly evaluate your property to sell and to set its price. Of course, to do this you have to take into account the trend of the real estate market.
Don’t forget that the price of the property per square meter also varies according to the area and the city in which it is located.
You could also rely on a real estate agency for the evaluation and to fix the price, however you can take into account some tips, if you want to do it yourself:
- first proceed to the calculation of the commercial area. The latter is given by the total area of the building which also includes the internal walls and perimeter walls. To this value are added any balconies which are calculated at 33%, terraces and gardens, always at 33% up to 100 square meters;
- then goes on to determine the value per square meter. The prices may differ for each municipality and for each city in our country. Of course, these are average prices, which are evaluated based on the geolocation of the house. The type also counts, so you have to see if it is a house, a villa, a garage, a parking space. Usually, average quotations of the minimum and maximum values per square meter are taken into account. This average is multiplied by the commercial area, in order to obtain the basic selling price of the property;
- also consider that you do not have to evaluate only the base price, because there are other elements that can increase or decrease this value. These are the internal characteristics of the property, its exposure, its brightness, the view and the floor in which it is located, if it is an apartment in a condominium. Then also the characteristics and quality of the building, the presence of a garden, an atrium made with precious materials affect. The quality also concerns the apartment inside, with the distribution of spaces. Furthermore, it is necessary to consider the area services, which can increase the base price of the property, if it is located near green areas, shopping centers, schools or public transport stops.
Part 2 – ADVERTISE YOUR HOME
Advertising regarding your house to sell is very important.
Only in this way do you have the possibility that many possible buyers find out about your apartment for sale.
Advertising is essential because it guarantees you more possible buyers, but how should you act when you intend to make known the characteristics of your home to propose it to potential buyers?
Step # 4 – Identify the strengths of your apartment
Wanting to advertise your home, to propose it for sale, remember that it is always important to evaluate it, identifying the strengths, which can also be the important characteristics to entice potential buyers.
There are various elements to take into consideration in this regard:
- for example, try to highlight on which floor the apartment is located, if we are referring to an apartment building. From the third floor onwards, the price begins to increase, but it is necessary to have an elevator;
- also consider how brightthe house to sell is. Prospective buyers certainly don’t prefer living in dark rooms. A strong point is certainly constituted by the illumination given by natural light;
- another very important point is the heating of the house. In particular, the price is certainly increased by the provision of independent heating;
- it also considers the state of the building and the general condition of the house. For example, if your house has recently undergone a renovation plan, you can also sell it at a higher price;
- the point where the house facesis also very important, for example if you can see a beautiful view from the windows, if you can see large spaces. Let’s say, for example, that the house overlooks a square or the case that it has a wall in front of it: you can understand well how the characteristics change and, in correspondence with them, how the selling price can vary.
Step # 5 – Write the ad
Advertising must be particularly effective. That is why some basic tips for writing your real estate ad will surely be very useful. Here are the rules you should follow:
- choose the titlewell, trying to arouse interest in the reader. Statistics show that many are limited to reading only the title and not the rest of the ad. For this, make sure that the title already contains an appropriate message for your target audience, exploring their needs. You can make sure to personalize the communication even from the title. It points to the perspective of life and to arouse curiosity;
- the part concerning the text of the real estate adis also very important. Set up all the text so that it can get attention. Always draw up clear information accompanied by very captivating photos, which are also able to show the internal parts of the apartment for sale;
- not to be overlooked is the originality. Try to be as creative as possible and, if necessary, go outside the box as well. You should not follow the crowd, but focus on those elements of differentiation that can catch the attention of readers and therefore of possible buyers of your home;
- another essential point concerns the setting of the description. From this point of view, to describe the house for sale, try not to use too subjective language. You may run the risk of providing information that has no relevance to the customer. Always highlight the most important features and enhance the peculiarities of the house, highlighting the address of the property and possibly also the floor plan and price. But try not to be too enigmatic in your description. In fact, it would be appropriate in this sense not to use too technical language and to be direct in going straight to the point of the question. Do not forget to provide a brief description also of the neighborhood in which the property is located.
Step # 6 – Advertise your home
There are several options to be able to advertise your home in an essential way. You can contact a real estate agent who can offer you a marketing plan to customize according to your specific needs.
Alternatively, you can also do it alone, considering the myriad of tools available to advertise your home.
Here is an overview of the strategies and methods to use to advertise your home for sale:
- consider the possibilities that the internetoffers you. In fact, on the net there are many real estate sites to exploit;
- you can also contact the press, taking advantage of the characteristics of traditional flyers. Some consider the latter tools outdated, however neglecting the infinite opportunities that traditional advertising can make available;
- you can also put a sign on the housefor sale. It is a direct way to advertise your home. However, consider that, depending on the size of the cartel, you may find yourself paying a specific tax;
- an element that will never go out of fashion is wordof mouth. Make sure your neighbors also know that you want to sell your home. Then adequately inform friends and relatives, you can tell your co-workers and people with whom you find yourself in the environments you usually frequent. Do not forget the shops either: they represent a very important meeting point for people and therefore excellent meeting points in which to circulate information;
- don’t neglect newspaper advertising either. Post on them, even the local ones, specific announcements that refer to the sale of your home, to ensure more opportunities to advertise everything.
Step # 7 – Manage the contacts of the interested parties
Contacts with those interested in buying your home can be made by e-mail or by telephone.
But how to best organize them? How to manage communication with potential buyers of your home? Better to follow these rules when you have the opportunity to meet the buyer or talk to him on the phone:
- at the first contact take advantage of all the possibilities not to put yourself in a position to answer, but to be the one to ask the questions;
- try to understand what they are looking for, what is the motivation that drives them to buy and what type of house could be used by any interested parties;
- evaluate the time they have available and which they want to comply with in order to use the property to be purchased;
- proceed with an accurate description of the property, only after having assessed, after the previous points that we have described, if the customer is really interested and if he can represent the right target for you and for the property you want to sell;
- ask discreetly, but without turning too much around the question, if there are other people involved in the decision to buy the house.
Step # 8 – Prepare your home for sale
After making contact with the prospective buyer, you should try to do everything to prepare the house for sale.
Good preparation is really essential, because often those who want to buy a home rely on the first impression.
Precisely for this reason it is always convenient for those who visit a house and then eventually buy it to find everything perfectly in order and show the apartment in all its splendor.
Try to understand in advance what potential buyers are interested in and then try to capture their attention, arranging everything in the right way:
- leverage the use of space. Each of us needs to use their spaces according to their needs. By tidying up, you will surely make the house more spacious, but, if you understand what interest’s customers, you can focus their attention on details that you might not have even considered;
- reduce clutter. A house that is too cluttered and with too much furniture always makes a bad impression, because the buyer cannot see how he could use the spaces in his own way. This is why it is not just a matter of tidying up, but also of removing excess furniture, so as not to distract those who come to visit your home with the intention of buying it;
- creates a welcoming entrance. The first thing your customer sees is the front door. The first impact is really important, so don’t neglect the entrance to the house, putting in a beautiful light and possibly a new doormat. Distribute plants well;
- clean well. Cleaning is essential, as it gives a good impression on the overall maintenance of the apartment. So it also degreases the dirt hidden on the upholstery. Clean the kitchen and bathroom thoroughly, also focusing on faucets, sinks, windows and handles. The cleaning of the floor is also essential, so that it looks particularly well-finished and is able to give brightness to the house;
- proceed with repairs. Sometimes even minor repairs can be important to help convey the idea that the house is kept in good condition. You don’t have to go through the big repairs that cost a lot of money, but you can rely on the small repairs as well. Paint the walls and ceilings. Make sure the doors and windows open well and don’t squeak. Paint balconies and railings and replace any bulbs that don’t work
- increases the brightness in the house. Showing the house in all its glory also means creating the conditions necessary for it to appear brighter, a feeling generally linked to a sense of grandeur. So use suitable curtains to let in more light, have the brightest bulbs in the rooms that are darker and add lights outside the house;
- take care of the outside of the house. Outside the house, if there are balconies, you can put flowers. Remember to tidy up the garden, if it is present in the house, then mow the lawn, prune the hedges, weed out and decorate the entire garden space with colorful flowers and plants.
Step # 9 – Organize interested party visits
When it is time to show your home to potential buyers, arrange visits from interested parties.
The main goal should be to put the buyer at ease.
But how to do it on a practical level? You could follow these rules, in addition to making your home cozy by putting it in order and showing it very clean:
- leave the buyer free. When visiting the house, do not always stay next to him, but make sure that the buyer can discover the rooms for himself. Do not rush him and make sure that he is free to roam the house, perhaps by controlling him from a distance, without interfering too much;
- eliminates distractions. If you have children in the house, plan so that the visit is done during school hours, turn off the television and appoint a dog sitter, if you have a pet, so that your four-legged friend is not in. home during the visit;
- do repeat the round of the house. Put the potential buyer in a position to feel at ease in a total way, do not list the rooms and explicitly tell him to do as if he were at home. If necessary, you could also invite him to repeat the tour of the house, so that he can concentrate on observing the details;
- ask open questions. You can probe his preferences, but always making sure to ask open-ended questions, in order to get an answer that is as complete as possible on what he likes best. In addition to the questions, you can also ask him for a hot impression of what he saw. Don’t be afraid that your prospective buyer will give you a negative rating right away. Sometimes the first impression you have of the apartment can reveal some weak points on which to insist to improve in view of the next appointment;
- make another appointment. Put yourself in a position to make yourself available for a second appointment, perhaps setting a different time, which can meet your needs. Put yourself in a position to be available to make him pay another visit and answer any questions he may have, if he decides to have more information;
- don’t forget the documents. It is possible that during the visit to your home for sale, the potential buyer will ask you some technical questions. For this reason, you should keep the documents at hand, such as the cadastral plan. This way you will show your availability. But remember that if he asks you technical questions it is not always a negative sign, but it could also be a sign of interest in your home.
PART 3 – SELL HOUSE
The time has come to sell your home.
If you have prepared all the conditions that we have listed above, surely you will have had many opportunities, which have allowed you to arrive at the most important moment of the sale operation.
However, keep in mind that now the time has come to devote yourself to the more bureaucratic part of the sale.
In fact, the operation involves having several documents available, to then proceed with the negotiation.
From this point of view, always consider that, through a successful negotiation, you can also highlight those fundamental aspects to raise the price, focusing on the value of your property, and therefore obtain a greater profit.
But let’s consider more specifically how all this bureaucratic part happens and what happens then with the intervention of the notary, to make the deed, to definitively deliver your property to the buyer, and what are the operations to be implemented in the phase of after sales.
Step # 10 – Get the documents to sell the house
Buying and selling a house certainly involves a bureaucratic procedure, which can sometimes be quite complex.
All this involves the use of some particular documents.
Here is in general what you should get, to be able to start the buying and selling process and so that the procedure continues in the best way, without encountering particular hitches:
- energy performance certificate. The energy performance certificate is called in short APE. Its role is to estimate the heat consumption and to evaluate the insulation capacity possessed by the building. To receive the energy performance certificate, it is necessary to contact a competent body that has technicians qualified to produce the document;
- deed of provenance. The deed of provenance of the propertyserves to specify how ownership of the property that is being put up for sale was acquired. It is very important, because without this document it is not possible to carry out the notarial deed. A copy of the deed of provenance of the property must be provided when you go to the notary. This could be a deed of sale or a document certifying the donation or inheritance;
- cadastral documentation. The cadastral documentation includes the cadastral plan and the cadastral surveyThe first is a graphic representation of the property, according to those conditions that were communicated to the land registry and on the basis of which the registration of the house took place. This can generally be a floor plan that reproduces the property on a scale of 1: 200 or 1: 100. It is always important that there is an exact correspondence between the floor plan held by the owner, the real situation of the property and the registration in the land registry. It may also be that in the meantime some changes have been made to the plan. In this case, the references must be updated through the intervention of a specialized technician. Everything must be done before the deed is finalized. The historical cadastral survey, on the other hand, is a document in which all the changes that the property has undergone over time have been transcribed;
- other documents. They include the certificate of viability, the building permit, the certificate of conformity of the systems, the copy of the condominium regulations and the certificate of urban use.
Step # 11 – Negotiate the price of your home
The negotiation is part of what can be considered to all intents and purposes the negotiation between the two parties, the seller and the buyer.
Before moving on to the actual negotiation, it would be advisable to receive an appraisal to estimate the value of the property.
The procedure must be done by specialized technicians, but it is very important because you can have a certain margin of negotiation, based on certified data:
- the attitude of the seller. Often a conciliatory behavior can be appreciated, showing oneself available to reduce the price. However, it is not always this attitude that works, because in some cases even defensive behavior can be successful. It is also possible to negotiate well by claiming to have many buyers or by pointing out how the price has already fallen below the expected market values for all the properties in a particular neighborhood;
- the attitude of the buyer. In the negotiation a role of fundamental importance, precisely since there are two parties that come into play, is also held by the psychological attitude of the buyer. Sometimes you can find yourself dealing with a buyer who is good at understanding if the seller needs to sell immediately or if he is willing not to close the deal, while keeping the price that has been indicated.
Step # 12 – Deliver your property
The delivery of the property could create some hitch. Precisely for this reason it is appropriate that the two parties, seller and buyer, agree in advance.
For example, it may happen that the seller needs to spend some more time inside the property.
For its part, the buyer, having paid for the purchase of the house, would find himself unable to enjoy the property he has now become the owner of.
Precisely to avoid inconveniences and misunderstandings, it is better to establish rules in advance and agree to meet the needs of both parties:
- agree exactly on the date by which the delivery of the property must take place;
- if the delivery takes place after the new purchaser becomes the owner, for example, a penaltycould be paid for each day of delay. Perhaps it would not be a question of charging an excessive amount, but only of being able to count on an incentive to be able to vacate the property as soon as possible;
- it may also happen that the delivery is anticipated with respect to the deed. Perhaps the buyer needs to carry out measurements and surveys to then carry out renovations. In this case the seller must clarify exactly that the early delivery entails a responsibility on the buyer for any damage that may occur in that period;
- to avoid discussions between the parties, the seller must ensure that he is up to date with the payment of all condominium expenses and utilities, also with regard to extraordinary condominium expenses or for the works that have been approved by the assembly of the condominium before the sale has been carried out.
Step # 13 – Make the deed
The deed represents the fundamental moment of the buying and selling process.
It is in fact precisely through the signing of the deed that the transfer of ownership of the property from the seller to the buyer takes place.
The role of the notary is fundamental. In fact, the notary acts as a public official who establishes the regularity of the sale itself.
It is up to the notary to carry out preliminary checks, to check that everything is in order and therefore his figure guarantees the transparency of the whole operation.
But how exactly does the deed phase take place? Here’s what happens when the seller and the buyer go to the notary:
- the notary reads the entire content of the deed and explains it. This is a very important operation, because the notary must ensure that both the seller and the buyer have understood the content of the deed and the legal effects it entails. The law establishes that if he does not do all this he can be responsible for committing the crime of forgery in a public document;
- after approval of the deed, both parties must sign it. Eventually the presence of witnesses may be foreseen, who in certain cases is also required to sign the deed. It is then the notary who signs the deed at the end;
- the legal effects of the deed of sale begin from the moment of its signing. These legal effects make full law even before the judge.
Step # 14 – What happens after sales
After the signing of the deed and therefore after the buyer has become the new owner of the property, there are some requirements that must be fulfilled. Here’s what it is:
- communication of sale of the building. The seller is obliged to present the communication of sale of the building which is delivered by the notary when the deed is made. The communication must be delivered to the local public safety authority, the Police Headquarters or the traffic police. The document must be presented within 48 hours of delivery of the keys;
- tax obligations. The seller must pay taxes for the months in which he owned the property. But it is not only a question of this, because it must also communicate the sale to the Municipality;
- communication to the condominium administrator. It is always up to the seller to communicate the details of the new owner to the condominium administrator;
- cancellation of utilities. It is important, after the signing of the deed, to provide for the possible cancellation of utilities, as regards gas, electricity, water and telephone. If the buyer is going to live in the house and needs the utilities, it is possible to realize more than a cancellation of the utilities themselves.
What changes if you sell a house with a mortgage
Many wonder if you can sell a house, even if you still have the mortgage to pay.
In fact, it can, without running into particular problems.
In this case there are two possibilities to consider:
- the new owner can decide to take charge of the loan, and then continue to pay in the same conditions as provided and complete the payment;
- the new owner can also take over with another mortgage, by contacting another bank for the stipulation.
If you have ever thought ” I want to sell a house “, but you don’t know how to do it, because you still have a mortgage to carry out, think about these two possibilities and you will realize that selling a house by the sea or a house that is used for a main residential use even in the presence of a mortgage is not so difficult.
What happens if you sell a house received as a donation
How to sell a house? Let us now address the question of how to sell a house given as a donation.
It may happen that you have received a house given as a donation by a person who is no longer there.
If you have received a property from another person, you can sell the property without much difficulty:
- you can sell the house without too many complications, remaining within the family. In fact, the donation of a house usually always concerns the family sphere. Sometimes those who donate a property do so to prevent any creditors from putting their own assets in hand. Of course, since the ownership of a property is changed with the donation, the creditors no longer have any rights over it. This can avoid some problems;
- you can sell the house even if you can run into some problems. There may be a claim by the legitimate heirs of the person who donated the house. The heirs could also challenge the donation and demand that the property be returned. However, buyers who decide to buy a house received as a donation must know that they have guarantees, because a donation cannot be revoked, if it took place more than 20 years ago. Care should be taken to sell an inherited home before age 5,and the buyer should be aware of any complications he may face. Selling a house before age 5, if it has been donated, may not even be the right choice in case you want to sell donated house;
- but how to protect the buyer who buys a donated house? We suggest a useful way, if you want to know how to sell a house quickly, and at the same time to protect those who buy the house to make them feel more comfortable and encourage them to make the purchase without particular worries. You can have insurance coverage in this circumstance. The policy premium may vary depending on different factors that come into play. For example, the insurance company takes into consideration the characteristics of the property, the value of the house, the age of the donor and the number of heirs.
What happens if you sell your house at auction?
A house can be auctioned after taking out a mortgage from a bank.
When the full amount is not available to purchase a property, the buyer can contact a credit institution to obtain a loan.
However, in these cases the bank generally wants to be able to count on a guarantee and for this reason imposes a mortgage on the property.
It may happen over time that the owner is no longer able to pay the mortgage payments and therefore the bank triggers the foreclosure.
Here’s what happens:
- the bank takes over the ownership of the property and decides to sell it at auction by resorting to a judge. In this way he can hope to recover the sum he gave to the borrower as a loan;
- it is the judge who examines the various offers of potential buyers, establishing whether the sale of the house takes place at auction with enchantment or without enchantment. After analyzing the various offers, the judge decides who wins the house.
Be careful if you sell before 5 years
If you want to sell a house before the age of five, we advise you to be very well informed and above all make your calculations well. In fact, you may lose or not be entitled to some benefits.
We at Likecasa strongly insist on the fact that in order not to lose money with houses, you need to be well informed and meticulously.
If you want to sell a house before the age of five, you absolutely must be well informed. For this reason, we have prepared a DETAILED GUIDE on the subject where you will find all the info you need: Sale of the first house before the age of 5: when you lose the first house benefits!
Tips for selling a house
Here are some tips that can be useful to sell a property more easily.
First of all, we try to be honest and to show all the aspects of the house that we want to put up for sale.
This is especially true when we place advertisements on specialized sites.
We try to show photos that depict both the internal and external parts.
At the limit we photograph the environments when there is more light or, if the environment is small, we prefer to frame some details instead of giving a broad view.
We evaluate the property correctly, perhaps relying on a professional who will be able to develop a real appraisal on the property.
We will spend a little more, but we will have a document that can be very useful to us.
It is really difficult to advise who to rely on, whether to sell privately or take into account the advice of a real estate agency.
However, we keep in mind the price differences and agency fees.
Then we fix the very worn parquet, eliminate the encrustations in the bathroom, replace the damaged fixtures or spread a layer of plaster to make them appear brighter.
We keep in mind the expenses from which we cannot escape, such as notary fees or registration fees which are always borne by the buyer.
In any case, the owner of the property must pay the registration fees.
It is important to obtain the cadastral survey, to prove to the buyer that there are no mortgages or third party rights on the house.
We also try not to play to the downside.
Some experts recommend starting with an early price, a move that consists in assigning a price to be re-evaluated as 6 months pass.
It could be the right strategy in a current market such as real estate, which is often affected by sudden drops.
Furthermore, due to the trend of the current real estate market, we evaluate all the offers and do not reject them a priori, only to regret them later.
In this sense, a distinction must be made between buyers who really make a coherent offer and those who instead make too risky offers.
Let’s get used to distinguishing the possible real buyers and time wasters, however, not giving the feeling of exasperation in selling the house as soon as possible.