If you want to visit a unique country, let me introduce you to Vietnam. This beautiful country is in Southeast Asia, bordered by China, Laos, Thailand, and Cambodia.
Now you might be wondering, Is a Vietnam visa for Indians necessary before my trip? Or how do I get one? Can I apply for a Vietnam visa for Indians online?
To answer those questions and many others, I wrote this blog. So, keep on reading to find out all the information you need to know about Vietnam visa for Indians!
A Brief Introduction to The Vietnam Visa for Indians
Let’s start with; what is a Vietnam tourist visa for Indians.
A Vietnam visa is an official document that allows you to visit or enter the country for various reasons, such as tourism, business, work, study, etc. In addition to these visas, Vietnam offers a wide range of visa types you can choose depending on your purpose of visit or stay.
Indian nationals can apply for a tourist visa for Vietnam from India through the Embassy, or Consulate, on arrival or can even apply for the visa online. Usually, applying for a visa through the Embassy, Consulate, or on arrival can be a tedious and time-consuming process.
Fortunately, Vietnam allows Indian nationals to apply for a Vietnam eVisa through the online Immigration portal for short visits for business and tourism. The process is simple and can be completed online from the comfort of your home.
And in this blog, I will mainly focus on the Vietnam tourist visa for Indians and how you can apply for it online!
What Are the Vietnam Tourist Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens?
Now it is time to look at all the different aspects of the Vietnam visa for Indians that are crucial when applying. Some of the questions we will look at in this section are as follows:
- Who Can Apply for A Vietnam Tourist Visa?
- What Documents Are Required When Applying for Vietnam Visa for Indians?
- [What Is the Cost of a Vietnamese Visa for Indian Citizens?
- [What Is the Processing Time of a Vietnam Visa for Indians?
- [What Is the Validity of a Vietnam Visa for Indians?
Who Can Apply for A Vietnam Tourist Visa?
Any Indian national who wishes to travel to Vietnam must get a visa. To be eligible to apply for the visa, you must meet the Vietnam tourist visa requirements for Indian citizens.
All Indian nationals, as I mentioned above, can apply for their Vietnam tourist visa in the following ways:
– Through the Embassy or Consulate, which is in your jurisdiction or closest to you. This could be a lengthy process depending on where you are in India, your purpose of visit, and how long you need to stay in the country.
– Through the online application portal, which I suggest will be the easiest and quickest way to apply for your visa.
– Lastly, there is a Vietnam visa on arrival option, but it is not the best because you will have to carry all the documents with you. You also need to have a visa approval letter from Vietnam and it all costs and takes a similar time as when applying for a Vietnam eVisa.
If you are a legal resident of India, with all the necessary documents, you can also apply for a Vietnam visa. However, whether you can apply through the online portal, or a VOA depends on your eligibility/nationality.
What Documents Are Required When Applying for Vietnam Visa for Indians?
When applying for a Vietnam tourist visa for Indians through the Embassy or Consulate, the list of required documents can be quite long.
Indian citizens applying for a Vietnam tourist visa must have the following documents:
- A valid passport for 6 months when arriving in Vietnam must have two blank pages.
- Two passport-size photographs that are in size 4 cm x 6 cm
- A duly completed Vietnam visa application form which is available online or at the Embassy
- Visa approval document issued by the Immigration Department of Vietnam.
- Proof of payment for your visa application
- Bank statements that are stamped by bank officials
- Travel itinerary and travel insurance always help with the visa application
If you apply for a Vietnam eVisa, you will only need a scanned copy of your passport and a passport-sized photograph to upload online, and a bank card to pay on the portal.
What Is the Cost of a Vietnamese Visa For Indian Citizens?
A single-entry Vietnam tourist visa for Indians costs approximately INR 2500 or USD 25. As well as the Vietnam eVisa cost is the same.
However, suppose you apply for a visa valid for a longer period or multiple entries. In that case, those visas will cost more than USD 25.
What Is the Processing Time of a Vietnam Visa for Indians?
When Indian citizens apply for a Vietnam tourist visa at the Embassy, the processing time is approximately 2 weeks. In contrast, a Vietnam eVisa is approximately 3 business days.
What Is the Validity of a Vietnam Visa for Indians?
Generally, a Vietnam tourist visa for Indians is valid for a single-entry visa for a maximum stay period of 30 days in Vietnam.
Additionally, if you wish to travel to Vietnam multiple times, you can apply for a multiple-entry visa. And the validity of the visa can vary from 3 months to 5 years, depending on the visa type you apply for.
How To Get A Vietnam Tourist Visa For Indian Citizens?
The Vietnamese visa process is not as difficult as it may seem, especially if you apply for it online on the eVisa portal. You can follow these simple steps when applying for a Vietnam visa for Indians:
– Before applying for your eVisa, make sure you have all the necessary documents to fill out the application form
– Next, you must go to the National portal on immigration or the Vietnam eVisa portal to start the application
– The next step is to fill out the online application form by providing your personal information, passport details, and travel-related information.
– Here, you must also upload your scanned passport copy and your passport-size photograph.
– Once you have completed all that, you must review and submit your visa application.
– Lastly, you must pay the relevant eVisa fees using your credit card or debit card.
– Now, all that is left is to wait for the visa application to be processed, which can take up to 3 days.
– Once your eVisa is processed, you will receive your email confirmation, and you must print the eVisa approval that you received
Remember, it is important that you save your reference number to check your visa application status and to download the approved Vietnam eVisa. You must have the printed eVisa with you upon arriving in Vietnam.
But, if you do decide to apply for your Vietnam tourist visa through the Embassy or Consulate, you will have to gather physical documents and submit them at the designated Embassy or Consulate nearby. And remember, embassies usually take longer to process the visas as well.
That’s The Guide on Vietnam Tourist Visa For Indians
Finally, you are not well knowledgeable about the Vietnam tourist visa for Indians and how you can apply for one yourself!
Always remember to have the necessary documents, provide the correct information in your forms, and submit the visa application well in advance to ensure you get your visa in a timely manner. A small mistake can cause unnecessary delays or visa rejections.
And that is all for now. Hope this guide will help you next time you wish to apply for your visa.
Good luck and happy travels!