Nowadays, a chatbot is becoming more advanced and frequently used software for most companies. It’s becoming easier for companies to handle customers’ queries through a chatbot. Through this blog, you will get to know about the top qualities and skills of a chatbot developer.
You might think that you are talking with a person but there are the chances that chatbot is responding. With the help of a chatbot, people can manage their magazine subscription, pizza order, book a cab, report a complaint through messaging app.
Top brands are using chatbot technology because it is simple, easy, and cost-effective. Now, let us understand the basics of chatbots.
What is Chatbot?
You may encounter a pop-up message like “Hi there. How may I help you” when you visit a website? These types of messages are chatbot assistance messages. The chatbot is an Artificial Intelligence software that is designed by using National Language Processing (NLP).
In 1966, Joseph Weizenbaum had developed the first chatbot named ELIZA. ELIZA was designed to simulate human interaction by recognizing patterns but it was not smart enough to answer questions. However, it follows a pre-made script.
Through years of gradual changes, the chatbot is now highly innovative and even improving the interaction between people and machines.
Each Chatbot has specific qualities and skills. Now, let us understand Chatbot’s qualities and skills.
Qualities and skills
To build a successful Chatbot then the Chatbot developer should have deep knowledge of different programming languages and technologies. The Chatbot developer skills you should consider are: –
- A multi-language background is highly recommended and experience working with Python, PHP, Java, Ruby, and many more.
- Chatbot developers should have deep knowledge of how AI, machine learning, and NLP works.
- A chatbot must be familiar with different platforms to improve your chatbots.
Top qualities of chatbot
When companies hire chatbot developers they look for specific technical skills. The ideal Chatbot developer is someone who knows certain liberal arts.
Candidates having a background in sociology, psychology, or linguistics can easily analyze the human conversation. This helps bots to imitate the natural conversation. Having an effective communication skill is always a positive point as a chatbot is used to streamline the convention between humans and robots.
An enhanced version of a Chatbot can learn quickly. Where they have an inquisitive nature is someone who can find solutions to problems. Apart from these the qualities that a Chatbot should have are: –
- Conversational maturity – An advanced Chatbot has NLP (Natural Language Processing) capabilities to understand the contest of messages in different languages. Through this, it can recognize the purpose of the question so that it provides an accurate response.
- Integrated with CRM – It can be integrated with difficult systems and workflows. It can also handle real-time work.
- Recognize the tone of the conversation – With the help of emotional intelligence, Chatbot can understand customer behavior and personality traits. This is to provide the best results to the questions asked by the customer.
- Easy to explore – The Chatbot can store and process the data which are structured and unstructured to gather the data to solve customer issues easily.
- Trained – Chatbot is pre-trained with the knowledge and terms for the brand as well as industry-specific.
Artificial Intelligence is useful for everyone. Many companies have understood the importance of AI that also impacts their business. In starting, companies may often struggle to prioritize the investment. They also struggle to develop an action plan to introduce the capability of AI to processes and workflows.