Posted in:

Types Of Investor Visa For The USA

America has always respected the contribution of business people and investors for the mutual growth of the economy. So, the U.S. government has devised multiple provisions for foreign investors to expand their business. They have approved over 140,000 immigrant visas to the investors.

After five years of having an immigrant investor visa and a green card, you can also apply for U.S. citizenship. In recent times, there have been several changes in the policies. With further research, we have compiled the five most cited and preferred visas for investment immigration in the USA. Read on to learn more about them.

EB-5 Investor Visa

The EB-5 investor visa is the fastest way to get a green card in the USA without a spouse or family member to sponsor you. It is the best option to go for if you have a significant financial resource.

● Depending on the geographical location, you need to invest $900,000-1,800,000 to qualify for an EB-5 investor visa.
● Citing the lawful sources of your invested fund, you can invest in projects or Regional Centres, which generate a minimum of 10 US employments.
● You can also directly invest in your commercial setup and create jobs for 10 US employees.
● The EB-5 investor visa is right for any professional who wants to shift abroad and get a speedy approval of the green card.

E-2 Business Investor Visa

The E-2 business investor visa is a nonimmigrant visa, which cannot give you US citizenship. However, if you want to set up a business with no investment limit and generate profit in dollars, this is your go-to visa plan.

● The E-2 investor visa stays valid for five years, and if you are staying further, you have to renew it. With new regulations, you can renew it indefinitely.
● There is no specific amount of investment in this, but your investment should be substantially proportionate to the cost of the business you intend to set up in the USA.
● Your home country must be in a treaty of friendship, commerce, and navigation with the United States.
● Your business should present the potential to create employment for US citizens, and the lawful sources of your income must be cited.

L-1 Investor Visa

The L-1 investor visa is for the intra-company transfer of employees. If you are a citizen of any non-treaty country, this visa is the best for you too.

● The US company you wish to be employed at should be an affiliate of a company in your home country.
● For the entrepreneurial L-1 visa, your company must be functional in the USA and one another foreign country.
● Only executive and managerial post holders are allowed to apply.
● With the L-1 investor visa, your spouse can work anywhere in the USA, but your child can only study and not work.

E-1 International Trade Investor Visa

The E-1 trade visa is granted to applicants who wish to engage in substantial international trade with a company in the USA. They are not bound to invest any amount, thus differing from the traditional ways of immigration investment USA.

● You must be a citizen of a treaty country.
● A trade of over $100,000 with the USA companies is considered substantial to apply for an E-1 trade visa.
● There must be a clear trade relationship, with the international exchange of the qualifying services and goods.
● This is a good plan for those who wish to start a low-cost import-export business with the USA.