To sign up for our daily email newsletter, CLICK HERE
Who doesn’t want to be a successful businessman? Everyone in the world tries to create the best workplace and build the best, even the most extraordinary workforce, to achieve ultimate success. But how is it possible without a person or team who manages the projects and keeps everything on schedule?
This is a question that many business people struggle to answer. That’s why in this article, I’m going to discuss the most crucial need of any business; a project manager. What are they, how do you become one, and for that, who should be your next mentor? So, let’s get started.
What Is A Project Manager?
A project manager is a professional person who takes the whole work from beginning to end. They take responsibility for planning the project from just the idea, organizing everything, executing the plan, and making it complete with success.
They also ensure that the result will comply with the wishes of all the stakeholders. Moreover, they oversee the whole project and complete it on time and within the decided budget. Thus, you can say they take the most significant responsibility; making a project successful.
What Are The Duties Of A Project Manager?
The role of a project manager is not tiny; they have to keep an eye on various aspects of the project. The duties which a project manager should fulfill include
- Define the scope of the project
- Define the goals of the project
- Devise a complete project plan
- Make a schedule
- Allocating resources
- Decide and manage the budget for every section and stick to it
- Track and document the project’s progress
- Identifying and managing risks
- Communicating with stakeholders
- Track quality
- Make the project complete on time
- Don’t exceed the budget
Do You Need To Become A Project Manager? But Why?
After seeing all the duties, do you think a person is hired in exchange for pennies? No, definitely not. If you become a Top Project Manager, you not only get money but several benefits, which I have listed below.
- Getting the opportunity to develop leadership skills is the biggest advantage. Remember, once you learn the skill, you can apply it anywhere. It is helpful not only in your career but in several fields of life.
- Becoming a project manager needs mastery of many skills, at a time, like planning, organizing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management, communication, and leadership. There is no restriction to apply these skills only at one work. These valuable skills are transferable across many different industries.
- Whether a company is new or old, nowadays, every business understands the need for a project manager. Sometimes a company handles more than one project and hires a new project manager for each one. This causes a huge demand for project managers in the market, which opens a pool of new job opportunities for newcomers.
- If you have four entirely different skills but want a similar job for all of them, then nothing is better than project management. One of the best parts of this field is career flexibility. The skills you learn in a project management course can be applied in almost all fields. Thus you can become a project manager of a software development firm, do event planning for a hotel, and handles the project of an under-construction building at the same time.
- A good project manager in America has an average salary of between $80,000 and $115,000. And sometimes it increases to $140,000. Remember, the freelancing era has changed many matrixes; thus, now a person can apply for more than one job from all over the world, hired by various companies at a time without any restriction. It not only increases job opportunities to a great level but also increases the chances of getting a salary between $200,000 to $400,000.
Who Should Be Your Project Management Coach & Mentor?
To become a project manager, a Top Tier Mentor and Coach is someone you need the most. You will find many forms of mentorship, but online one-to-one coaching is the best. Find someone who knows your field and has successfully coached many people, like Dean Jones.
Dean Jones is the UK construction industry’s leading project manager who is not only known for his exceptional services for different big projects but also for advocating the six practical ways to combat racism in the construction industry.
He has also honored to get recognition as one of the eight professionals during Black History Month because of his exceptional hard work and achievements as a Black man. Despite the racism he has faced throughout his life, he focused on his work and made his name as the best Project Management Coach and Mentor.
Being professional in his work, Dean Jones join HostRooster freelance marketplace, a platform that not only creates the best place for freelancers to sell their services and earns a high living but is also part of a great cause; diversity and equality. Bring equality, diversity, and justice to all irrespective of color, caste, creed, religion, language, gender, and geographical location; HostRooster is also playing a crucial role in organ donation awareness by supporting the legacy of Video Donor by Dean Jones.
Dean Jones being so professional with a purposeful life, is now available at HostRooster to serve any individual who needs project management coaching. Though he has done projects with big private and government organizations, you can also get benefited from his exceptional coaching and mentoring and learn so much from his knowledge and experience. Not only project management, but Dean Jones is also a virtual meeting consultant, WordPress Development Guru, WP designing coach, and many more.
You have learned ‘what is a project manager.’ Now it’s time to join a professional mentor like Dean Jones to become a professional project manager and take the first step towards a better future.