To sign up for our daily email newsletter, CLICK HERE
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the recruitment exam for the post of Constable (General Duty) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), which include:
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Shashatra Seema Bal (SSB)
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles.
Candidates willing to apply for the SSC GD Constable 2022 must know the detailed eligibility criteria so that they do face trouble while applying for the exam.In this article, we have discussed in detail the eligibility.
Eligibility Criteria for SSC GD Constable Recruitment
The SSC GD eligibility criteria requires the fulfilment of the candidate’s education, age, nationality and physical standard. We have discussed the same in the article below. You can also visit BYJU’S Exam Prep for more comprehensive knowledge about it.
- Candidates applying for this examination must be citizens of India.
- Since the vacancies are state/UT- wise, the candidates must submit a Domicile Certificate/PRC against his/her state/UT.
- Candidates must be between 18 and 23 years of age. Age relaxation is there for certain categories of students, complete details of which are given below:
- SC/ST candidates are given an age relaxation of 5 years beyond the upper age limit.
- OBC candidates are given an age relaxation of 3 years beyond the upper age limit.
- Ex-Servicemen are given an age relaxation of 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.
- Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or 2002 Gujarat communal riots(unreserved) will be given age relaxation of 5 years beyond the upper age limit.
- Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or 2002 Gujarat communal riots (OBC) will be given age relaxation of 8 years beyond the upper age limit.
- Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or 2002 Gujarat communal riots (SC/ST) will be given age relaxation of 10 years beyond the upper age limit.
Note: Date of birth filled in the online application form and the same mentioned in the Matriculation Certificate will only be accepted by the commission for determining the age and no request of change will be considered.
- Candidates applying for this examination must have completed the Class 10th examination from a recognized board/university.
Key Points regarding Educational Qualification:
- Candidates who do not possess essential educational qualifications within the given time are not eligible for applying.
- All the candidates, who have acquired degrees/diploma certificates through the open and distance learning programmes of universities established by an Act of Parliament or state legislature, are also eligible for applying subject to clearance from the District Education Board.
Eligibility for Physical Standard Test
The height, weight and chest measurement of the candidates shall be checked in this.
- For Male Candidates – 170 cms
- For Female Candidates – 157 cms
Relaxation in height is given to certain categories of candidates as per the norms given below:
- Scheduled Tribes – Male (162.5 cms) and Female (150.0 cms)
- Scheduled Tribes of North Eastern States – Male (157 cms) and Female (147.5 cms)
- Male candidates should have the following chest measurement standards:
- Un-Expanded: 80cms
- Minimum Expansion: 5 cms
Note: Chest measurement for female candidates will not be taken.
- Weight: As per medical standards, weight should be proportionate to height.
To get an edge in your preparation journey, join BYJU’s Exam Prep Test Series and Online Class room programme.