Australia has a vibrant history of gambling, having been the first country to establish a legal casino in Tasmania state in 1973. According to the Australian Institute for Gambling Research, Aussies spend approximately $19 billion annually on casinos, with the industry being valued at $225 billion in 2019. Online casinos in Australia with real money casinos in Australia started with the advent of the internet in the early and mid-1990s. Since then, they have evolved into the real money casinos we know of today, and here you can find the top 6 best online real money casinos in Australia. Online casino gambling in Australia shot up to an all-time high of 78% of the entire adult population.
The passing of the Interactive Gambling Act of 2001 saw the online casino market value rise exponentially from zero in the 90s to $800 million in 2010. Currently, more than half of the people in Australia are involved in online casino gambling, making the market value hit the billion-dollar mark. Most gambling regulations in Australia are passed by the states and not the commonwealth parliament. With this in mind, it is evident that some places will have a more extensive online casino presence than others. So, where can one find the best online casinos in Australia? Keep reading this article to find out.
The state of New South Wales has the most lenient legislation allowing for a thriving online casino business. The state is also home to the most prominent financial hub of the Australian continent, the City of Sydney. Being the most populous city with about 5.3 million residents, it accounts for more than 65% of the New South Wales population. Sydney is home to the second-largest casino in Australia, The Star. In addition to the many multinationals domiciled in Sydney, online casinos have also found a solid footing since 36% of the residents are actively involved in online casino gambling activities. The most popular online casino games among Sydneysiders are pokies, baccarat, bingo, poker, and craps.
Most notable among the best online casinos used by the residents of Sydney are:
- Joe Fortune, whose website was most visited by Sydneysiders as of March 2021.
- The Wolf Winner has the highest Return to player (RTP) value of 99%.
- Olympia. This online casino is popular due to its fast payout rates.
- The Woo Casino is famous for accepting cryptocurrencies as a mode of payment.
- The Pari Match online casino is sought-after mainly due to its weekly wager races with cash rewards.
With Australia ranked number one in the countries with enormous numbers of losers in online casino gambling, its second-largest city is bound to contribute to those national statistics. Referred to as ‘the sporting capital of the world,’ more than half of Melbourne’s 5 million residents are involved in online sports betting. You can usually bet online, using different payment methods, such as Skrill account, etc.
Melbourne boasts of being home to the biggest casino in Victoria and the whole island continent of Australia, The Crown. With the legal age of gambling in Victoria being 18, Melbourne contributes 14% of the country’s revenue generated from online casino gaming. Most Melbourne residents are into pokies, roulette, and blackjack in the online casino portfolio.
Apart from the Crown casino, other popular online casinos among the people of Melbourne are listed below.
- Ricky Casino, famous for its vast welcome bonus of $7,500 and 150 free spins.
- Golden Crown Casino has a wide array of over 2,000 pokies games.
- Ignition Casino is well known for its crypto payments and instant withdrawals.
- Kosmonaut Casino is prominent due to its 5-tier VIP program redeemable for cash.
- 7BitCasino is typical in Melbourne due to its wide game selection in live dealer games.
Queensland state is the tourist haven of Australia. Brisbane is the state’s capital and receives approximately 7 million visitors annually. All these tourists plus the 2.2 million residents of Brisbane make the perfect market for online casinos. The city has the most land casinos in Australia. Notable among them is the Treasury Casino Brisbane that spent $57 million to make its vintage look and maintain its heritage as a cultural tourist attraction. Online casinos have a heavy presence in Brisbane as it has the most robust gaming undertaking in the country. Brisbane dwellers are big on pokies, at 58%, which surpasses the national average of 54%.
You can use these casino sites to play games and hit the jackpot, as it is the greatest desire of every player around the world.
Online casinos most appealing to the people of Brisbane include:
- True Flip Casino has a safe and secure website suitable for user privacy.
- Ozwin Casino has progressive jackpots in the six figures.
- Katsubet Casino is famed for the provision of over 9,000 pokies games.
- Wildblaster Casino supports bitcoin payments.
- Fast Pay Casino is prominent in Brisbane due to its fast payouts and great cashback deals.
The capital city of the Western Australian state, Perth, has about 2 million people. The city has only one physical casino, the Crown Perth. What the city lacks in physical casinos makes for it with the numerous online casinos available for Aussies living there. 50%+ of the adult population in Perth is involved in online casino gaming daily. In the post covid times, the gambling revenue reached slightly over 2 billion in Western Australia, thanks to Perth’s flourishing online casino market.
Key among the widely sought after best online casinos in Perth include but are not limited to:
- StayCasino: It is widely known for its 25-tier loyalty program and cashback feature.
- Campeonbet: This online casino uses exclusively Australian dollars as the only currency.
- Pokie Place Casino: As the name suggests, it has a wide variety of pokies selections.
- Vesper Casino: This comes with vast bonuses that users can turn into cash.
- The Joo Casino: It is prominent since it supports crypto deposits using CoinsPaid.
- Royal Rabbit Casino: It currently has the largest progressive jackpot that stands at $11 million.
There is a very fine line between legal and illegal gambling in Australia. Under federal law, online casinos based in Australia can’t offer real money rewards. However, this does not prevent countless other casinos based overseas. This article shows that online casino gaming activities are rampant in all the states of the island continent. Moreover, in a country where the average adult loses $1,500 annually to gambling, online casinos are bound to invade such a market. This means that Australia will sit on that top spot for countries losing most money to betting for quite some time.