To sign up for our daily email newsletter, CLICK HERE
Are you aware of the fact that the first video that was published on YouTube was only of 18 seconds? Since 2005 after launching YouTube, the founders have learned that to gain the interest of audience, there is no point of making the video longer unnecessarily. With that idea, YouTube founders came up with the concept of YouTube Shorts.
If you don’t know about YouTube Shorts yet, then here is everything that you need to know. This article is all about YouTube Shorts and the benefits of using it. So without any further delay, let’s start with the article.
What is YouTube Shorts?
YouTube Shorts are actually a platform that made an attempt to take over TikTok. However, it is not at all a standalone service. As a result, you will not find the YouTube Shorts app on Google Play or in the App Store. If you want to use it, you will need to tap on the YouTube app and open it that you have already on your phone. Now, just scroll down, and then there you will see a “Shorts” option.
Along with that, you will see two primary features which allows YouTube Shorts to your mobile app. You can create short videos of around 60 seconds or less just like Instagram Reels. After the recent pandemic, worldwide people are using more and more digital entertainment platforms and like Instagram Live, and YouTube live streaming is getting popular as well. People can attract more audience with these features and side by side you can promote the content of your short as well. If you are looking for buying YouTube streaming viewers you can search within google for many services that offer the same services.
How Can You Make YouTube Shorts?
- The guess is that you already have the YouTube app on your smartphone and if not, then download it. You will find it on Google Play Store or App Store. Once downloaded, sign in or create an account.
- You will see the Create button when you open the YouTube app. Simply tap on it, the plus sign in the center-bottom.
- In the pop-up section, click on the Create button. You will find right beside the camera icon.
- If you are using this option for the very first time, then in that case your device will seek your permission to let YouTube use the camera and microphone.
- Once it got approved, then you can land in the YouTube Shorts page for recording.
- The default length of YouTube Shorts recording is up to 15 seconds. And if you tap on the number “15” right above the record button, you will have the option to change it up to 60 seconds.
- Now tap on the Speed icon on the speedometer in order to control the speed while recording.
- You have the option to set the time for your recorder to start just by pushing the Timer which is below Speed.
- The next step would be to add Filters. You can click on the filter option to add on several filters. There are some Android members who are likely to miss this feature.
- Once everything is ready and you think it is good to go, then just hit the Record button. If you tap on it once again, then it will stop the recording and then tap again to record the next video segment.
- You can tap on the Undo button which is right at the bottom and it will delete the last edited part and not the entire video. Then you will have the Redo button that will return the deleted segment.
- Once the recording is done, you should click the “Check Mark” and have a preview of the video. Then add music, fliters, and text. Tap Next.
- Now it is time for you to add hashtags that are relevant to the title. It will help you to promote your videos along with other YouTube Shorts.
- Finally, Click on the Upload button and it will get added to your YouTube Channel.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Making YouTube Shorts
a) Optimize Short YouTube Videos
It is very important to optimize your Short videos while you upload on YouTube. Well! It is very simple as you only need to add “#Shorts” in the description section of your videos that are meant for YouTube.
b) Audit Your Short-Form Videos
Have you ever created TikToks, Instagram Reels, or any other social media videos? If yes, then you can do a few simple tweaks in order to engage your YouTube audience. Simple add those videos one by one doing proper SEO on YouTube Shorts.
c) Identify Short-Form Topics
Do you think of any topics that your team can create content around which you can distilled into a few quick steps, data points, or steps? If yes, then you might be able to repurpose this detail just by creating a YouTube Short.
Benefits of YouTube Shorts
There are several benefits of using new features of any social media platform. And YouTube Shorts is likely to give you some amazing benefits such as:
- Short form videos will help you to gain bigger reach.
- YouTube Shorts are generally less vulnerable than any other platforms that are viral.
- There are several brands in this industry who might leverage shorter video formats.
- Using YouTube Shorts will offer you longer term benefits.
If you are looking forward to gaining more exposure, then trying out quick and shorter video formats like YouTube Shorts is a great idea. YouTube Shorts are the latest trends when it comes to traffic generation and gathering millions of views. Both brands and individuals have found this short videos to be a much beneficial in nature because of it’s demand in the market today.