Need to offer/get technical support remotely
Want to get instant technical support when you get stuck in PC issues like C drive full? Don’t want to spend much time arriving on the scene when your college needs your technical assistance? Whether you need to offer or get instant support, it’s wise to establish a remote connection and get the issue fixed.
Free and secure remote support software: AnyViewer
To take full control of a remote computer and fix PC issues, AnyViewer, a secure and fast remote desktop software, is my first choice. It lets you to take full control of one computer and fix the issues from wherever.
It adopts elliptic curve cryptography encryption to safeguard data security during the remote session and offers flexible remote access ways to satisfy different conditions.
If the one who needs help is on the other end, you can send a remote control request and your partner just needs to allow the request. If the one isn’t sitting in front of the computer when you offer help, the one can send a temporary security code to you in advance and then you can access the PC via security code.
What’s more, the remote support software is workable with all editions from Windows 7 to Windows 11, thus you don’t need to switch to another tool whether you upgrade or downgrade your OS.
Fix PC issues remotely over remote connection
Whether you want to get or offer remote support instantly and securely, AnyViewer will be a nice choice to establish a remote connection. Now, take a look at how to use AnyViewer and then fix PC issues.
Part 1: Establish a remote connection between two computers over AnyViewer
What you should do before starting a remote connection:
- Make sure that the local computer and the target computer are running and connected to the network well.
- Go to the official website of AnyViewer, download the remote support utility and install it on both computers. And then, install and run the tool on two PCs.
Step 1. On your local computer, create an AnyViewer account and log in to the account.
Step 2. Click “Connect” and type the device ID of the remote computer in the box below “The partner ID”. Then, click “Connect”.
Step 3. There are two options and you can choose on based on your own situation.
- If your partner has already sent the temporary security code of the far computer, you can choose “Input security code”, type in the temporary security code and click “OK ”.
- If your partner doesn’t have sent the temporary security code of the remote PC to you, you can select “Send a control request to your partner” and click “OK”.
And then your partner will receive a message and the request should be allowed by your partner manually. Otherwise, you won’t be able to access the PC and fix issues.
- Before click “Allow”, please make sure that the identity of the controller is trustworthy.
- If you just want to only share your screen with the controller, you can uncheck “Allow to control the mouse and keyboard”.
Part 2: Fix remote PC issues during remote session
After remoting into the target computer, you can see the remote computer screen as if you were on the scene. AnyViewer offers many operation shortcuts, including “Task Manager”, CMD, etc., enabling you to resolve PC issues more conveniently.
Two examples are listed here.
If you need to run chkdsk.exe to check and fix errors on partition G on the remote PC, you can click “CMD” to open Command Prompt interface. Then, input “chkdsk g: /f” and hit Enter key to find and repair any errors that are found in G drive.
If you need to check what process is occupying the CPU and memory of remote computer, you can click Task Manager.