Unc0ver jailbreak is one of the latest utilities to be released, and it is already proving a hit with many users. It supports A7 to A13 64-bit ARM devices on iOS 11 upwards so, if your device fits the bill and you want to give it a go, here’s how to do it.
How to Download Unc0ver Jailbreak
There are two easy ways to install Unc0ver onto your iPhone or iPad:
Method 1: The IPA File
This is pretty simple to do:
- As with any jailbreak, back up your data first with iCloud or iTunes
- Open Safari and download the Unc0ver jailbreak
- Follow the on-screen installation directions and wait for the jailbreak icon to go on your home screen
- Now open Settings > General > Profiles
- Tap on the Unc0ver profile and tap the Trust button
- Back on your Home Screen, tap the Unc0ver icon
- Tap the Jailbreak button and wait – your device will be jailbroken and will reboot when it’s done – you should now see Cydia on your screen
Method 2: Using AltStore
AltStore is a brand new type of app store, an unofficial store that offers an easy and safe way to install the jailbreak on your device. However, you do need to use your computer and the AltServer companion app and, if you don’t refresh the apps once every seven days, they will expire and crash. You can do this using the iTunes Wi-Fi Sync option.
- Download and install AltStore, following the linked guide carefully.
- Launch Safari and download the Unc0ver jailbreak
- Open AltStore on your device and go to My Apps.
- Tap the Plus (+) button at the top of the screen and tap on the Unc0ver file
- When the installation is done, the Unc0ver icon is on your home screen.
When you use AltStore, you also get access to other apps and games included in the store.
What is Unc0ver Jailbreak?
Developed by pwn20nd, Unc0ver is one of the latest jailbreaks to take up the slack recently. It supports iOS 11 upwards and is stable, reliable, and safe to use. It offers tons of cool features, which we will discuss soon, but first, here’s what the jailbreak supports.
If your iOS 11 or upwards device isn’t shown on this list, Unc0ver jailbreak does not support it
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPad Mini (2019)
- iPad Air (2019)
- iPhone X (only iOS 12)
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus
- iPhone 7, 7 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- iPad Mini (5th generation)
- iPad Air 1
- iPad Air (2019, 3rd generation)
Unc0ver is monitored regularly by the developer and is constantly being improved. Some of the latest features to be introduced include a choice of light and dark modes, stabilization, performance enhancements, and security improvements. You will also find that all the app settings now have descriptions detailing what the setting does and what system architecture and version it supports. The last update, v5.0, add support for the A12 and A13 devices running iOS 13 or above.
Other Unc0ver Features
You also get all these:
- Access the file system
- Dump APTickets
- Auto-updates can be disabled.
- Get-task-allow can be enabled.
- Refresh icon cache
- Increase the memory limits
- Easy to install OpenSSH
- Export TFPO
- Easy to install unsigned IPA files
- Load/reload daemons and system daemons
- All your favorite tweaks, mods, and more
- Disable app revokes option
- Overwrite the Boot Notice
- Restore RootFS
- Reset Cydia Cache
- Reinstall Cydia
- Many more
Cydia Substrate and Unc0ver:
Unc0ver uses the main platform for Cydia that lets you modify code and software without needing to access the source code physically. The Cydia Package Manager also lets you access your favorite mods, libraries, tweaks, apps, and everything else you want with a jailbreak.
However, it is semi-untethered, so be prepared to have to reactivate it every time you restart your iPhone or iPad. And, if you want to remove the jailbreak for any reason, you can use the built-in RootFS utility.
How to Remove Unc0ver Jailbreak:
RootFS makes it easy to remove Unc0ver from your device:
- Launch Cydia and tap on Installed
- Delete each app, tweak, and so on manually – this may take time if you have installed a lot.
- Next, open the Uncover jailbreak from your home screen.
- Tap on Settings and toggle Refresh Icon Cache and Restore RootFS (Rec0ver.
- Tap Jailbreak or Rejailbreak on the main app screen
Now, wait. Do not touch your device as your root filesystem is being restored. This can take a while but, when it’s finished, the RootFS message appears on your screen. Tap OK, and the jailbreak is removed.
If you have missed jailbreaking your device, Unc0ver could be just the utility you are looking for. Try it today and enjoy all your favorite tweaks, mods, and more.