To sign up for our daily email newsletter, CLICK HERE
iOS users have long had a huge choice of alternative app stores, and now Android users have their own alternative. It’s called HappyMod, but it isn’t a standard store – instead, it offers tons of modified games and apps and is free to download without rooting your mobile device.
How to Install HappyMod App on Android:
Although it isn’t an official app that you can download from the Play Store, it is still easy enough to do:
- Open your Android Settings app and tap on Security or Privacy
- Enable Allow Unknown Sources by tapping the slider beside it
- Open the HappyMod download page and download the happymod.apk file
- Open your Downloads and tap on the file to install it
- Wait – when the installation is done, HappyMod is on your homepage
How to Use HappyMod:
HappyMod is as easy to use as the Play Store. Not only does it have a similar interface, but there are several categories to choose from too. You can find all the latest uploads in a separate category, and a built-in search bar makes finding your apps and games easy. Simply find one, tap it, and it will install.
One thing you should be aware of is that HappyMod is purely a repository – the developers do not develop any of the apps themselves; they are all uploaded from the internet. And app users can join in, uploading their own finds for inclusion in the store too, and you can request the developers find a specific game.
HappyMod is full of cool features:
- Modified Games – plenty of modified games to choose from
- Fast and Safe – high-speed downloads and all apps virus and exploit checked before going into the store – failures are rejected.
- Good Language Support – HappyMod supports more languages than many other similar stores – traditional and simplified Chinese, English, Italian, Thai, and many more.
- Pause/Resume – pause and resume your downloads with just a tap.
Fixing HappyMod Errors:
Although HappyMod is stable, some users are facing these errors:
Problem Parsing the Package:
Written in the app code is a string of characters, digits, and symbols, and the APK parser needs to read this. If it can’t, for any reason, you will see the error message. Reasons, why this might happen, including a corrupted file, device incompatibility, incomplete download, and more. These are the methods to fix the error:
Method 1: Check Manifested HappyMod App APK File:
This is for those who customized the app store in any way:
- Open the happymod apk file.
- Tap the XML file to open it
- Reset it to default – the error should be gone.
- Also, check you didn’t change the original filename as this can cause the error too.
Method 2: USB Debugging
- Open Android Settings and tap on About Device
- Tap Build Number seven times in quick succession
- A message will tell you, “You are now a developer.”
- Back in Settings, tap on Developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging, and the problem should be solved.
Method 3: Corrupted File
If your download was corrupted in any way, the only thing to do is delete it entirely from your device. Reinstall it from the official source only as this has been certified clean and complete.
App Not Installed
Also common, this might happen for several reasons:
Method 1: Clear Package Installer Cache and Data
- Open Settings > Apps (or Manage Apps)
- Tap System > Package Installer
- Tap Clear Data and Clear Cache – in Storage if you use Android 6.0 Marshmallow
If HappyMod still doesn’t install, try this:
Method 2: Enable Unknown Sources
- Go into Android Settings and tap Security.
- Enable the Unknown Sources option
- If you still can’t install HappyMod, delete it.
- Make sure Unknown Sources is enabled and install it again.
Method 3: Rooted Devices Only
If you rooted your device, try this:
- Using your browser, download a good root explorer app.
- Open the app and copy the APK.
- Tap on System > App
- Make sure the app permissions are properly enabled.
- Close Settings and try again – it should now work.
Method 4: Clear Space and Set Path
Lack of space is a big reason why apps won’t install, so do a bit of housekeeping. Delete unused files and uninstall apps you don’t need. Clear your cache and temporary files and move your media files onto external storage. You may also be trying to install HappyMod on your SD card. First, ensure it is properly mounted, and second, not all files can be installed on the SD card as the package installer can’t read them. Install HappyMod where it wants to go.
Try HappyMod on your Android device. It’s completely free to use, you don’t have to root your device, and you get access to tons of modified apps and games.