To sign up for our daily email newsletter, CLICK HERE
Local business SEO is a search engine optimization technique that makes business visible in the local search results on Google and other search engines. For small businesses that operate regionally and physically, local SEO is essential to get your business known to lots of people. Your brand, products, and services will be marketed to the specific location for local leads, conversion, and traffic.
How SEO for Local Business Works
Local SEO for small businesses works in two different aspects, and as a small business, you can rank for the two if you properly optimize your business for SEO. When you make any search on Google, two types of search results are displayed. The map pack results and the organic blue link results.
The map pack results are features of Google SERPs showing the listing of the top local businesses and a map for direction/location. At the same time, the organic blue link results are those shown below the map pack, which are the regular searches.
The importance of local SEO for small businesses
The reason you should think of using local business SEO services is that;
- Many people make use of search engines to find businesses in their locality. And having your business website optimized for this local SEO, you will be in people’s search results within that locality as most of the search results are tailored to the location.
- Most of those who search for products or services in their local environment always purchase or patronize them, leading to more sales for the business.
- Optimizing through local SEO services for small businesses will help you to build your website up as an authority in the field and also educate your target audience concerning your products and services.
- Using local SEO does not necessarily mean that you are targeting sales increase. You can make use of it to drive traffic to your blog or website, where you pass across information that is within the geographical location.
Tips for SEO for Local Small Businesses
- Local SEO will help your business to be optimized for Google my business which is a business directory.
- When you have local SEO, you will be able to audit your website by looking at what competitors are doing and model it.
- You can target local keywords that will make your business found quickly.
- You should create local content for your website using local SEO
- You should implement a local backlink strategy for your website.
- Make your business website mobile-friendly and accessible.
To grow sales for your business, lots of work has to be put in place. So also, optimizing for local SEO may require some work and time, but whatsoever effort you put into it will pay you in no short time. To benefit more, ensure you carry out keyword research to target your local audience.
Are you a business owner and does this all sound a bit overwhelming to you? In which case, it would be wise to find a local SEO expert to help you pop up on Google searches! Thank you for reading and good luck with your business!