Posted in:

Roulette Remains a Beloved Casino Game

But No Roulette System Works All the Time

With a history of more than 200 years, roulette remains one of the most loved casino games. Today, roulette is offered in almost every land-based casino, and at most online casinos as well. As a matter of fact, roulette is such a popular game that it has inspired a number of experts (and amateurs) to create various sites concerning the game of roulette. Such sites explain the rules of roulette, its principles, and delve into seemingly profitable systems. Why “seemingly” profitable?

Contrary to common belief, there is no roulette system that works properly in the long run. In actuality, it is impossible to beat roulette, and this impossibility is deeply rooted in the principles, on which the game is based.

Curiously enough, even the most commonly used roulette systems can not defeat the game – read below to understand why.

Roulette Systems That Do Not Work
In the lines below, you will find some of the most popular roulette systems, which, sadly, do not work.

The Martingale System
The Martingale system, known as the double-up system among roulette enthusiasts, is among the most popular not-working roulette systems. In essence, this system can be applied to any game of chance, but it has become particularly common among roulette gamblers. So, how does the Martingale system actually work?

In roulette, the Martingale utilizes an initial bet of a specific sum, placed on even chance bets, i.e., even/odd, red/black, etc. If the player wins their bet, they place the same amount of the initial stake. If they lose, however, they double the size of the initial bet – that way, if they win the next time, they will recovered their losses from the unsuccessful bet. If the player loses the next bet as well, however, they double again. This action is performed until the player places a winning bet. When the player wins, they start again by betting the initial bet amount.

When you think about it, the Martingale system works in two basic cycles – either a player wins the amount of money they have wagered, or loses everything. It is important to note that the length of these cycles varies.

The Martingale system seems to work just fine, because when you keep doubling your bet, then sooner or later, you will win. But there are several problems with the system, which make it ineffective in the long run.

First of all, nobody has an unlimited bankroll, hence the first problem with the Martingale system. As we explained, players have to keep doubling your stake each time they lose. By doing this, however, you will end up with an empty bankroll sooner or later.

The second problem with the Martingale problem comes from the bet size limits, imposed by each casino operator. As mentioned on www.casinogamespro.com/roulette/casino-systems, each table at the casino has a minimum bet limit, but it also has a maximum bet limit. As you might guess, applying the Martingale system might result in your exceeding the maximum bet limit allowed.

An additional problem of the Martingale system is not knowing when to stop. Let us suppose your bankroll allows you to place 10 consecutive bets after having lost all previous bets, and your goal is to win just $100. Mathematics suggest that your winning percentage will be about 88%. In the remaining 12% of the time, you will lose significant sums without being able to recover your funds. By the way, the more money you want to win, the smaller your winning percentage.

The Fibonacci System
As you might guess, the Fibonacci system is based on the well-known sequence of Fibonacci numbers, in which each consecutive number represents the sum of two preceding numbers: 1-1-2-3-5…, and so on.

In roulette, the Fibonacci system is utilized; a player bets an amount that corresponds to the number in the sequence. When they lose, they move to the next number of the sequence and bet the corresponding number. Moreover, when the player wins, they move two numbers backwards – and when they reach the beginning of the sequence, they have completed one cycle.

Whereas both have some things in common, they have substantial differences when it comes to their winning cycles. For example, the Martingale needs only one winning bet to complete a winning circle. The Fibonacci system, however, completes a cycle only when the player reaches the beginning of the sequence.

Taking the aforementioned into account, we can deduce that the Fibonacci system needs a lot of wins to achieve the same winnings as the Martingale. On the other hand, the Fibonacci system is regarded as less risky. In conclusion, both systems work largely the same. With the Fibonacci, however, things fall and rise at a slower pace.

In the end, it is important to remember that no roulette system works at all times, and most systems even prove unprofitable in the long run.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *